NO MEAT, SWEETS, SODA, OR JUICE CHALLENGE

Options
Hello everybody, about a week ago I finished a fast that only involved fruits, vegetables, nuts, and whole grains and it wasn't so bad plus I lost 4 lbs! Every since I've gotten off the fast I've been pigging out on sweets BIG TIME! Good thing I haven't gained.

So I decided I needed a challenge!! I've also been reading the book "Skinny B*tch" by Kim Barnouin which offers lots of great advice on foods and what we should and should not put in out bodies. I've considered going the vegetarian lifestyle but not fully committed so I'm going to do it off on every now and then.

Anyway this challenge will only last a week. As stated in the subject NO MEAT, SWEETS, SODA, OR JUICE ALLOWED.

You may have all the VEGETABLES, FRUIT and WATER you want as well as WHOLE GRAINS, NUTS, and DAIRY products.

The challenge starts Sunday, February 20th and ends Saturday, February 26th.

If you join please log in every day to post what your doing and eating to help others out.

Looking forward to this challenge with you guys!

Replies

• warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This sounds like a nice change!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    It all sounds great however, I may not be a big meat eater but I do consume some meats like chicken and fish and they are usually apart of my daily intake. I am tryin to get more protein so gotta have meats. But I hope that this challenge works for you.
  • KasondraAllen
    Options
    might be worth a try
  • aarce
    aarce Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian so this is my forte! Count me in! No meat, sweets, soda or juice!
  • sdavis601
    Options
    Im in!! yay!
  • DrHDLM
    DrHDLM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Your body is design to eat meat, all your cells have proteins, you can loose weight but at the same time you are lowering your metabolism speed by loosing muscle, so don't go to a low or no protein diet, you'll loose muscle and after you "loose weight" you will have more difficulty to loose your body fat, because of a low metabolism. the part of no juice, sodas are great, drink more than 8 glasses of water each day, this are the minimum requirements for your kidneys to work efficiently, the more water you drink the better it will be for you as long as you are eating well.
    Hamilton De La Mota, MD
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I can understand the no sweets, soda and fruit juice part of this, but what's up with the no meat? What's wrong with meat? It's a great source of protein and other nutrients like iron that your body needs.
  • naturalbeauty47
    Options
    Thanks for the input but this is just challenge. I'm not trying to be rude but if you're not interested in doing it then please move along. It is just a challenge and being that people are so afraid to STOP eating meat I see that it is a good one! It's ONLY for one week. It's really not that serious.

However, you may STILL join and have your meat if you like.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna eat meat! I already do the rest :)
  • naturalbeauty47
    Options
    I'm gonna eat meat! I already do the rest :)

Awesome!
  • msshaydlady
    Options
    Count me in. This will help with my ultimate goal of not drinking sodas anymore and to limit how much meat that I eat to maybe just eating meat once or twice a week instead of tow to three times a day. Let's get busy.
  • lelegrev
    Options
    If my kids birthday didn't fall in there, I'd definitely do this! But I already paid for this cake and I haven't had cake in forever, including on my own birthday, so I'm eating me some cake!
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Do you eat soy products or meat substitutes like tofu, seitan, tempeh, or textured vegetable protein?
  • naturalbeauty47
    Options
    Do you eat soy products or meat substitutes like tofu, seitan, tempeh, or textured vegetable protein?

Yes, I do eat meatless products. I'm new to the no meat so still haven't had tofu, tempeh, or seitan. I'm not a big dairy person so the only soy products that I use is Soy Milk .
  • naturalbeauty47
    Options
    If my kids birthday didn't fall in there, I'd definitely do this! But I already paid for this cake and I haven't had cake in forever, including on my own birthday, so I'm eating me some cake!

Lol...I understand!
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options

Yes, I do eat meatless products. I'm new to the no meat so still haven't had tofu, tempeh, or seitan. I'm not a big dairy person so the only soy products that I use is Soy Milk .

Cool, I was just wondering because I am all for veg diets but I do think you need to find other sources of proteins, nice work! :)
  • meh. Why not! :tongue: Sounds like fun and I THINK I can do it!~ I love a challenge
  • Today I had a whole grain tortilla with tomatos and an egg white. For lunch I had a bean taco salad and I finally ended the day with hot tomato soup and cheese on top. :)
  • naturalbeauty47
    Options
    Today I had a whole grain tortilla with tomatos and an egg white. For lunch I had a bean taco salad and I finally ended the day with hot tomato soup and cheese on top. :)

Sounds good!

I got a late start today so didn't really have breakfast.
    For lunch it's whole grain pasta and Italian & herbs sauce. Not sure what I'll have for dinner.
  • Oh yummy!~~ I woke up late and didn't get to catch a bite to eat this morning so there was no breakfast! I did have a Subway 6 inch veggie delight and then for supper a salad and baked potato with a tad bit of butter.