as for coffee? (I NEED HELP!)

Options
so i'm doing this fruit and veggies fast for 40 days..and so far it is going amazing..well i'm almost done..today will be my 4 weeks and 3 days mark and i have lost 18 pounds..but i do have a question..during this fast i wanted to cut out all caffeine as well as processed foods and meats but now that i am at home stretch should i drink coffee again?

does anyone know if it is REALLY "bad" for you?
my boyfriends mom told me that she saw an article on how coffee can help you loose weight..
now i am SO CONFUSED!

i just don't want to mess myself up after doing so well..
PLEASE HELP!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    coffee is fine, it is what people put in it that is not. 1-2 cups of black coffee/day can have some health benefits.
  • literaryshots
    literaryshots Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    A recent study actually supports that 2 cups a coffee a day helps women's memory. It does not have the same effect on men, however. Does that mean you should have it? Personal call. I love my coffee and as that is my one real vice, I'm not giving it up.
  • newnicole
    Options
    wait wait wait
    what kind of fast are you doing?
    justttt fruit and veggies?
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    For each cup of coffee you drink, you should drink 2 cups of water. Coffee is a diuretic.
  • SARRY562
    SARRY562 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am with you i cant say no to coffee.. but as long as you watch what you put in it, its really not that bad for you.. however i did go from drinking 3 cups a day just to one.
  • cjfoster
    Options
    share the fruit and veggie fast--send link please. As for the coffee 1-2 cups per day (plain) is not bad and has some benefits. It's a personal call. Also keep in mind you may not like the way you feel if you decide to re-introduce caffeine.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I drink at least two cups of coffee a day and I cant remember if it helps my memory or not.

Coffee is like alcohol - OK, even good for you in moderation - very bad for you in large amounts.
  • hop3
    hop3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Coffee can also help with suppressing your appetite.
  • rebeccajb
    Options
    ok well the fast is easy..
    all you do is cut out everything in your diet except fruits and veggies..
    they say you don't have to count the calories just eat when your hungry but i'm addicted to counting..
    so what i did was i cut out everything and i would eat:
    breakfast: one serving of fruit and one serving of veggie
    lunch: 2-3 servings of veggies
    dinner: 3 servings of veggies
    after dinner snack: 1 serving of fruit
    **and i'm not saying like i only eat half a banana b/c thats one serving..i would eat the whole thing..one serving to me is like an apple, a can of veggies, a bag of veggies..etc, etc..
    i drink about 8-10 cups of water a day..
    and i am doing it for 40 days..
    alot of ppl at my church were doing it and i decided that it was time to do something too.
    most ppl doing for a week- 30 days..but i decided 40..
    i am on week 4 and 3 days and i have lost 18 pounds..19 more days and i am really really really hoping i can loose another 8-10 pounds..

a few warnings:
    1. when you start this diet you WILL get headaches and sicky feeling..but that is b/c all the bad toxicians are getting flushed out by the fresh foods and the water.
    2. you may feel crampy or achey..i felt really achey and sluggish the first 4 days..then all of my back pain went away!!
    3. until about a week and a half ago..i was on the toilet A LOT! it's not a bad thing..actually quit relieving..lol..like i said them toxicans are leaving the body..

but yes i really really really hope this helps anyone who is interested in this fast..
    all i have to say is DON"T GIVE UP!
    i wanted to give up twice b/c it was getting hard to see my boyfriend and family eat whatever they want..but now it's such a piece of cake that i really don't want to go back to ANY processed foods at all. i even have my brother doing it with me during the month of feb! :] thanks everyone!