30 Day Shred question

Options
I am currently doing the 30 Day Shred for the first time. I am also doing quite a lot of other exercise. So my question is this, I normally take Sunday as a rest day to give myself a little recovery time, if I also have a rest day from the Shred will it reduce its effectiveness?? Currently after several sessions in the gym this week I feel exhausted so the idea of a day off on Sunday really appeals!!

Replies

• ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Good question... I just started the Shred as well... I am also curious on that...
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I am almost through level 3 and have done it every day. I am not doing a lot of other exercise though. I liked the shred because I could do it in the morning then be off on my busy day. I think if you are doing a lot of other stuff as well one day off should not be a problem.
  • jconner491
    Options
    I'm finding that I HAVE to have rest days from the Shred. I don't think there's anything wrong with taking Sundays off. Recovery is important too--that's when your muscles are getting stronger and rebuilding themselves. The one thing I don't like about the Shred is that she didn't offer more guidance with it. Just 3 workouts and everything else is up to you. But she never says NOT to take an occasional rest day.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    When I did the shred Jan 10-Feb 11 I took 3 days off here and there. I think you should just listen to your body. Sundays I make working out optional to either rest or do something low impact. I still had pretty good results.
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I will see how I feel Sunday morning, I am tired now but then tomorrow is a whole new day!!