Hi I'm new! Slimming world hasn't worked for me, going to tr

Options
Hi I'm new! Slimming world hasn't worked for me (for the second time) and I'm going to try myfitnesspal out - anyone in the same boat as me? I've been on SW since August last year and have only lost 8Ibs - was horrified to complete one day of recording on myfitnesspal and find that if I carry on with SW I will lose precisely 1/2ib in 5weeks. Bit of a no-brainer?

Hope this works! :smile:

Replies

• CrimsonXero
    Options
    hey, i have been on this site for just a couple of months and it has really helped me, whenever i see those calories go into the negatives it really affects me and motivates me to try harder. i know you can reach your goals, don't give up!
  • Colette1958
    Colette1958 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good Luck,

I had the same thing happen with SW so decided to try another way! Hope it works for both of us.

Colette
  • mikjenna
    mikjenna Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Tracking has always worked well for me in the past. Support is also a huge part of it. . .Good luck! (I just started today as well.)
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies! I'm feeling really positive about this! CrimsonXero I agree with your comment about the colour of the calories etc – to see that great big deficit in red was a shocker, and a motivator to stay ‘in the green’!

I agree MikJenna, tracking looks to be a good way to stay in control. SW was too ambiguous for me I think.

Colette – sorry that you also have had the same experience with SW – it makes me feel a bit better as I got very dispirited to be really trying and losing nothing.

Let’s go for it then! :smile:
  • Megthatgirl
    Megthatgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love this site.. It helps keep you accountable and completely aware of what youre putting your body through!

Best of luck on your journey!!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I used to do ww,then plateaued. Joined mfp and lost 7lbs ihn a month so im sticking around! Plus its free and support is fab. :)
  • Jaynequ
    Options
    Slightly different, I was on weightwatchers. After 3 months I had put on 3lb! I have been here 10days and lost 7 1/2lb!! I know it is first week water loss, but I never even had that at WW. Tracking every calorie you eat has got to be the right way to go. Good luck!
  • loulomas
    loulomas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've list 17lb since New Year and I think this is a fab way to lose weight. Good luck x:flowerforyou: