extra calories

Options
I know I'm suppose to eat all the extra calories I get from working out, but what if I don't feel hungry. Should I just stuff food in just to make up for those calories?

Replies

• Bzbear2
    Bzbear2 Posts: 109
    Options
    you could donate them to me! I am setting up a fund. (ha ha ha)
  • beautymkt
    Options
    lolololol - love it! That is a great question. I would like to know myself.
  • bugs2201
    Options
    Nah, I don't, and I work out heavily. If I want to eat them, I do, but it's just an added bonus to my weight loss if I don't want to eat them.
  • MissLadyInWaiting
    Options
    you don't have to eat your exercise calories. if you want to lose around 1kg (2.2lbs) a week then you should be burning 1000calories a day. half from your food + BMR deficit and half from exercise. just make sure you eat atleast 1200calories everyday.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Just make different food choices, you don't have to eat more food to eat more calories. Eat nuts, seed and/or dehydrated fruit as a snack. Have a glass of juice in place of 1 glass of water, add avocado to sandwiches and salads, add olive oil to soups and salads, eat nut butters. Eat higher fat versions of food you are already eating (milk, cheese, yogurt, salad dressing etc.)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    you don't have to eat your exercise calories. if you want to lose around 1kg (2.2lbs) a week then you should be burning 1000calories a day. half from your food + BMR deficit and half from exercise. just make sure you eat atleast 1200calories everyday.

1200 plus your 100% of your exercise cals. If you goal is 1400 and you burn 400 you can get away with eating half of them. MFP is set up so that you must eat you exercise calories to meet your goal weekly weight loss. If you don't you may lose more or less, but will not meet.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yes eat them. A lot of people have better losses especially if not eating them makes their net calories under 1200(total of calories eaten minus exercise ones).

I get 1660 a day and can get away with eating half of them. I usually make it a higher protein snack right after exercising. Sometimes I save them for a good yummy higher calorie dinner, or dessert(in moderation). I have my target loss set to 2 lbs(I have a lot to lose) and when I don't eat them it seems to be lower. When I do eat them all as much as possible it seems around 1 lbs but if I eat half or some of them(keeping the net above 1200) I see 1.6. Close to 2 but I think it could be a bit more but I take my 1.6 losses. :)
  • MissLadyInWaiting
    Options
    they set up a goal so you will lost weight if you just diet. but if you notice they set up a specific calorie goal with exercise so you can burn the extra calories.

my goal was to lose 1kg a week (a healthy weightloss of 2lbs a week) but they only put it at 750calorie deficit. and im young so i have a really high BMR for a sedentary lifestyle, and im eating only 1200calories. EVERY diet plan says to burn 500calories with exercise and eat 500calories less and you will lose 2lbs a week :)