Half Marathon Training

Options
So, I am training for a half marathon and today is supposed to be my long run day at 8 miles. It is supposed to rain today (all weekend actually), although so far it is just cloudy. I also have a bit of a wheezy cough. I am a little concerned that I am going to go out running, get 4 miles away from my car, and it will start to rain. Then I would have to run all the way back to my car in the rain. I don't want to mess up my training by not running today, but I don't want to get stuck in the rain or get really sick. I don't have a treadmill or a gym membership.

So, do I run today or do I stay home???? What would you do? Am I just a sissy San Diegan?? :tongue:

Replies

• mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Some of my most enjoyable training runs have been in the rain. It is sort of freeing and childlike to be out there in the rain. Go for it, you never know. I think I had my best race time on a cold rainy morning.
  • NaENaE35
    Options
    I would LOVE to run in the rain. I love doing my walks outside while others are trying to stay dry. Go for it.
  • sycorreale
    sycorreale Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would go for that run! You won't regret the run but you'll regret not running.
  • ceri1980
    ceri1980 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am also training for a half marathon. I go running whatever the weather.....whats going to happen if its raining on the day of the marathon??!

Take a chnace and go for it, im sure you will feel better for it :-)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    are you going to melt? Absolutely NOT! rain runs are THE best!!! you must go!!!
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Go run!! Just don't wear white. :wink:
  • iamanne
    Options
    Thank you all for the kick in the pants that I needed! I am off to run my miles!!

Thanks Celo24 for the tip on the white. I totally had a white t-shirt on! LOL