Colonic Hydrotherapy/Irrigation

Options
I am having a Colonic Irrigation tonight. It is my first time and I just really fancied giving it a try (it is my treat for losing my first 14lb) to see if I feel any different.

Has anyone had this procedure before? If so then please share your experience, I am getting a bit nervous!!!

Cheers for now,

E xxx

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    oh rather you than me :noway:
  • Rupeedoo
    Options
    Sadly I have to have it in a couple of weeks as part of a procedure for IBS... I'm seriously not looking forward to it and am amazed at people who can go through with it unnecessarily.
    I'd be interested to know your thougts after the procedure...i'm petrified!
  • clareybabes
    Options
    Go for it!
    ive thought about it a few times and i think there is a huge list of benefits from it.
    Be brave and let us know how it all goes :-)
  • Dobsaya
    Dobsaya Posts: 235
    Options
    I did some years back. A little advice, make sure that you COMPLETELY relieve yourself before leaving the office or you will not make it home. You may end up like me running into a restaurant and actually just sitting on a public toilet, yuck!
  • elainio
    Options
    I did some years back. A little advice, make sure that you COMPLETELY relieve yourself before leaving the office or you will not make it home. You may end up like me running into a restaurant and actually just sitting on a public toilet, yuck!

Thanks for this! I am rather worried about getting home from the clinic without needed!!

I'll let you all know how it goes afterwards :S.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    You've elected to do this? I'll pass.:happy:
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I don't think so. I have seen this done on tv and was shocked at the diameter of the tube they stick up your bum. I don't like things being put there...I don't think I could stand to have it done.
  • Dobsaya
    Options
    Althought it was gross, the hydrotherapist said, it was true that we little people were full of stuff! My stomach was much flatter after several treatments because they got the years of built up food that was making my colon larger in diameter thus making my stomach stick out further than belly fat would have.
  • Dobsaya
    Options
    It's actually pretty narrow and they only insert it about 2-3 inches in and then just the hot water goes through the actual colon to break down old waste. The tube does not.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    There is no medical reason to have this done normally. There are good bacteria in your gut that aid in digestion, and you'll be flushing those out. Also, it is a myth that you can have "old food" in your colon. If you did, you would be in the ER in sepsis. Your colon empties itself every few days naturally, and cleanses itself very well.

If you want to keep your colon healthy, eat a healthy diet with plenty of fiber. The rest is a waste of money.
  • Dobsaya
    Options
    Medical reason or not, it flattened my stomach and it stayed flat until I got pregnant.
  • mckval
    mckval Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have been considering it as well. I would like to see what others think about it (if they've had it done). A coworker had it done, and she swears by it.
  • Dobsaya
    Options
    My mom has done it for years also. A couple times a year for maintenance. She has 13 children and no stomach. A lot of what people think is fat is a dirty colon because realistically yes proper diet and fiber can keep your colon clean but how many of us (hence trying to lose weight) have always had that proper diet to keep it clean.
  • elainio
    Options
    There is no medical reason to have this done normally. There are good bacteria in your gut that aid in digestion, and you'll be flushing those out. Also, it is a myth that you can have "old food" in your colon. If you did, you would be in the ER in sepsis. Your colon empties itself every few days naturally, and cleanses itself very well.

If you want to keep your colon healthy, eat a healthy diet with plenty of fiber. The rest is a waste of money.

Your right about the fibre and due to the high amount of fibre I eat very little came out! The water was running clear on the way out after just 10 mins lol.
  • elainio
    Options
    I don't think so. I have seen this done on tv and was shocked at the diameter of the tube they stick up your bum. I don't like things being put there...I don't think I could stand to have it done.

The diameter of the tube used for my treatment was not very large at all. It was certainly no larger than what comes out the other way!! I hardly noticed the tube after a couple of minutes...
  • elainio
    Options
    Sadly I have to have it in a couple of weeks as part of a procedure for IBS... I'm seriously not looking forward to it and am amazed at people who can go through with it unnecessarily.

I am not going to lie to you, it isnt the most comfortable thing in the world to have done. The pressure of the water while it fills up your colon is a bit uncomfortable but certainly doesnt hurt it is just a dull feeling.

You should try not to be scared as the more relaxed you are the more comfortable the whole thing is so try not to be tense.

The women who performed my treatment was actually talking about IBS and how having the colonic hydrotherapy can really help. good luck and honestly dont be scared its fine!!
  • Rupeedoo
    Options

I am not going to lie to you, it isnt the most comfortable thing in the world to have done. The pressure of the water while it fills up your colon is a bit uncomfortable but certainly doesnt hurt it is just a dull feeling.

You should try not to be scared as the more relaxed you are the more comfortable the whole thing is so try not to be tense.

The women who performed my treatment was actually talking about IBS and how having the colonic hydrotherapy can really help. good luck and honestly dont be scared its fine!!

Thanks...that's sadly just the firstpart of the procedure :s I'll then be lucky enough to have a camera film my insides... I was told to book the appointment but just left the surgery in a panic so they had to call me up and tell me when it was. I'd do anything to get out of it but apparently I don't have much of a choice if I want to be healthy...
  • claire_b79
    claire_b79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Thanks...that's sadly just the firstpart of the procedure :s I'll then be lucky enough to have a camera film my insides... I was told to book the appointment but just left the surgery in a panic so they had to call me up and tell me when it was. I'd do anything to get out of it but apparently I don't have much of a choice if I want to be healthy...

are you having a colonic AND a colonoscopy? I have bad IBS and have had 2 colonoscopies. I would never elect to do a colonic lol. Esp. with my spastic colon.
  • Rupeedoo
    Options

are you having a colonic AND a colonoscopy? I have bad IBS and have had 2 colonoscopies. I would never elect to do a colonic lol. Esp. with my spastic colon.

Yes...I've had to book an afternoon in to have equipment put in places I'd rather not! Apparently the sedation will make me really weird afterward and my fiance can't collect me so my dad is...just hoping I don't start describing the procedure to him :embarassed:
  • msshaydlady
    Options
    When the procedure was performed on me I was able to actually see the waste that was coming out of me. Not to be too graphic but I actually saw the gas bubbles and mucus that came out. It passed through a clear pipe. There was no odor and the procedure was not overly uncomfortable. It was not pain but pressure from the warm water that I felt. The person who performed the procedure put me at ease by talking to me and explaining what I was feeling and seeing. The straw like tube was gently inserted and I was completely covered and did not feel exposed. I felt great and motivated to eat better after my procedure. Once you know what has come out, you will not be so quick to put that sort of junk back in. My stomach did get flatter. Please don't be afraid. Give it a try especially if it is for your health. Good Luck.