Hi, I joined a week ago

Options
Hello I joined a week ago and I am confused on the number of calories I am suppose to eat. It says 1200/cal per day then when i add my exercise in the calories remaining goes up. So am i suppose to only eat the 1200/cal per day or do i eat the calories that the remaining calories says? Sorry if this is a stupid question. I am just trying to do the right thing and need help. Thanks for your help!!!

Replies

• becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I think that as long as you are under your net calories (your daily allowance plus any you get for exercising, you are ok). I think you will lose more weight quicker if you stick to your daily allowance though. At least that's what I believe!
  • lildazey
    lildazey Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    The 1200 calories, are your base calorie intake, without working out. When you work out and burn calories, you need more calories. The new number is what your calorie intake should be, according to your burn. Hope that helps!
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Welcome riskay26 :) I ususally stay at 1200 but on Saturdays eat more so that's when I use the extra calories from the work out. It's all up to you if you want to use the burned calories or not. I use them at times and at times I dont. Use them just be careful how they are used. :)

Add me :)
  • kimberlyanneturner
    Options
    lildazey is right, you need the extra calories, however, dont always get them all in. But do eat more than 1200 when you work out or you will lower your metabolism and that is not a good thing.
    Take care.
    Kim
  • jsric
    jsric Posts: 26
    Options
    The beauty of exercise (especially cardio) is that it "gives" you more calories to eat! You definitely have to make sure that you don't go far below the 1200 level so that your body doesn't go into "starvation mode". When I eat something that I shouldn't I hit the treadmill again to counteract the damage! GOOD LUCK!
  • riskay26
    riskay26 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help!!! I just didn't totally understand before but now I think I do a little more.