developing food allergies?

Options
does anyone else have this problem? i seem to be all of a sudden randomly allergic to rosemary bread (it makes my entire body, all my organs inside my body, and my eyeballs itch like CRAZY!). when i used to be able to eat it all the time. just thinking about it is making me feel itchy all over again.

:c

what the heck!?

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it's the bread and not all the new allergins floating about due to our early spring?
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Cause I had to buy and anti-histamine yesterday.
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    I just read about this in my Anatomy class. It can happen all of the sudden. Some people can eat seafood for a very long time and then become allergic to it.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    It does happen. I've developed a sensitivity to wheat recently. Never bothered me before. Weird.

Sorry you're suffering, friend :frown:
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    Are you sure it's the bread and not all the new allergins floating about due to our early spring?

yeah cause i know what my pollen and such allergies feel like and this isnt it. i've got those going too but this was INTENSE!!!!!! D:

it happened the day before yesterday and i thought it was the new dryer sheets my brother's girlfriend bought (she bought scented ones when we usually have "free and clear" ones) because i was wearing a shirt that had been washed with them for the first time. but then yesterday i was munching on a piece of rosemary bread and it happened again. and i had also had rosemary bread the day before for lunch (i had to change my shirt midday, right before that) when it started. so i'm pretty sure its the bread :frown:

maybe i should get tested for allergies. my grandma was allergic to wheat among other things. i already have her lactose intolerance.
  • redruthie
    Options
    I've also experienced something similar with tomatoes and yellow onions. I love tomatoes, NO!!! I also suddenly became lactose intolerant a few years ago. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this sudden change.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    That happened to me with eggs.I used to eat them all the time,then when I was like 15 or 16 they started making me sick.Really bad stomache aches.Now over 15 years later I still cant eat them
  • annastasia76
    annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    yes it does happen, over the last couple of years (since I changed my eating habits) I have become intolerant of anything acidic, so most fruits I can't eat, that also goes for anything that has citric acid in it. I also can't have soy, I have developed allergies to, I don't know what, that's floating around in the air, it's not from something new since I have lived in this area my whole life, and my allergy symptoms are changing too. My son has also developed lactose intolerance in the last year.