Positive Self Talk

Options
I want to hear your favorite self talk motivator. When your dark side is saying "I can't".... What is your inner optimist telling you?!

Replies

• gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Nothing nice!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    That hurts don't it? You like that don't ya?
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    It probably comes down to the current quote on my profile "Success Is A Journey, Not A Destination. Focus On The Process." and and all time favorite quote by Jillian Micheals "When friends tell you how awesome you look, drop the "I still have more to go" crap. You worked hard and you deserve the compliment!"

I think you just have to remind your self that even if you are not losing weight you still need to eat healthier.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I do that alot when I'm working out. Especially if there's something else I would rather be doing- which there usually is.

I just say, you gotta do this, it has to be done. Do you want more fat on your tummy/thighs? Do you want to be healthy?
    OK THEN GET GOING.

I'll literally tell myself outloud to suck it up and JUST DO IT.

Honestly, you know what you've gotta do, so just do it. :o)
  • MernaDea
    Options
    Its my thing and has been for decades. I work in the personal growth industry. There isn't any spamming here, otherwise I would give you my work/website......

"Your inner voice is the "Voice" of your self esteem".....~ Merna Throne

:flowerforyou:
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Since joining MFP, my mantra has become "I can do this!"

So far, so good!
  • tauns
    tauns Posts: 29
    Options
    Staying positive is a must for continued success but I think it becomes the hardest at about 2-3 months. You have worked past the "fun" part of seeing 1-2 pounds drop off. You get tired and are ready to be at your goal already.

What I have found though is you HAVE to stay positive. What I never realized until I lost my 160lbs is that weight loss and weight maintenance are the SAME thing! You have to watch what you eat, you have to exercise. It doesn't end once the weight is off. I always thought, "Ya but it will be easier cause I won't be fat...just having to maintain" I was wrong. You fight the same demon and you have the fear of going back up and becoming what you were previously.

My husband is working on loosing his 50lbs right now. He is down 20 of it and fighting the Downer Demon. I keep trying to help him stay positive. Staying positive and recognizing that what you have done is AMAZING is definitely a MUST! As I see him grow and watch him...all those feelings I felt come back and I have so much empathy.

Myfitnesspal is a GREAT tool! Use it daily, even when you don't want to! Create friendships and comment on their food and weight goals.

Another HUGE thing that helps me is make your food and weight open to friends! It is hard and I currently even fight writing food down when I know it is naughty food...but doing that keeps you accountable! Be true to yourself and recognize what you have done is AMAZING and even 5 lbs is a huge accomplishment. Look at what you have done and know you can continue to do it...don't look at what you have to do because that can overwhelm you a lot!
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I listen to weight-loss self-hypnosis CD's to fall asleep to every night. They are LOADED with positive messages. My favorites are: I am mindful of what I eat, I eat healthy, I am satisfied, I am confident, I am healthy and I am grateful.

good luck and happy eating!
    JoJo