NEED a CRUNCH- beet and kale chip

newDZ
newDZ Posts: 237 Member
edited September 24 in Recipes
SLICE BEETS
[img_5660.jpg] [img_5661.jpg]

IN BOWL MIX 3TBS GRAPESEED OIL WITH OLD BAY (OR SPICE OF YOUR CHOICE)
[img_5669.jpg]
(alternative to oil-- season and then spray with pam)

ADD BEETS AND MIX (i also mixed kale)
[img_5671.jpg] [img_5673.jpg]

LAY OUT ON YOUR ADORED NUWAVE - SET FOR 6MIN/TURN/6MIN (OR BAKING SHEET--- BAKE AT 500 OR BROIL)
[img_5674.jpg] [img_5677.jpg] [img_5693.jpg]
(crisp at 6-8 mins on each side make sure to flip ; also remove lid when it's done otherwise the steam from cooking will soften and make chewy-- let crisp to your desired preference.

REMOVE AND LET SIT
[img_5680.jpg] [img_5719.jpg]
(i had old coffee filters from a machine i no longer have, which is great for this use)

YUMMMM JUST AS GOOD AS THE HIGH PRICE STORE BRANDS AND CHEAPER (just the cost of the veggies)
[img_5714.jpg] [img_5734.jpg] [img_5738.jpg]

[http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=fc3e188666fa75626cbbd47cbb382743]

Great snack
Great way to use veggies that may have wilted

Replies

• newDZ
    the pictures aren't showing????:grumble: :grumble: :embarassed: :embarassed: :sad: :sad: :huh: :huh: :huh:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    The pictures need to be uploaded to a picture sharing website, like photobucket. Then, you post the links to the pictures here using the [img.] [/img.] tags (but without the . at the end).
  • newDZ
    i thought i did. but i guess i did it wrong. i used shutterfly is that ok????
  • Mindful_Trent
    i thought i did. but i guess i did it wrong. i used shutterfly is that ok????

Shutterfly should provide you with a link to each picture, which will be something like " http://www.shutterfly.com/address/picturename.jpg " or something like that. you only have the last little bit ( img_5674.jpg)

You need to copy and paste the whole address within the [img.] [/img.] tags (without the . in them)
  • Mindful_Trent

That's a link to the website where you are viewing them - you dont' want to copy/paste that. It should provide you with a link (URL) specificially for you to post the image to boards/websites.
  • newDZ
    so much for graduating elementary school with honors... obviously "i'Z jest na gittin dis"
  • Mindful_Trent
    so much for graduating elementary school with honors... obviously "i'Z jest na gittin dis"

Honestly, I recommend Photobucket - they are free and they make it easy to post pictures to a site like this. I played around with Shutterfly and they're not very "post-to-MFP" friendly... not sure how you'd do it with their images.
  • newDZ
    i guess i'm "picking" up a "bucket" and "shutting" the "fly" down.

thanks for the info
  • Mindful_Trent
    i guess i'm "picking" up a "bucket" and "shutting" the "fly" down.

thanks for the info

If you have any problems with photobucket, feel free to send me a PM - I can walk you through it.
This discussion has been closed.