Do you gain when "Aunt flo" comes to town??

Options
I have been working out like crazy and was hoping to have a good week and then....................dun da dun taaaaaaa.. you rmonthly arrives. I know no one likes to discuss it but I don't want to get frustrated if it is only water gain or something that will correct itself in a week or so. Any thoughts???:wink:

Replies

• Purplegal32
    Purplegal32 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I gain weight during that time too. Which is why for me I decided not to weigh myself during that time or I will drive myself crazy lol
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    I gain anywhere from 1/2 - 2 LBS depending... TOTALLY normal!!! no worries...
  • triciary1223
    Options
    Yes... not your imagination, but apparently part of the "the curse". HA!! I just skip the scale that week as well so I don't get frustrated... I always feel "fat" that week anyway.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I stay the same amount when my period comes each month since Dec 2010. I don't cave into my cravin's...Self - Displicine has worked for me...

But everyone is different...
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I don't typically gain during that time but it also happens to be my TOM and this week has been a bad week for me. I am hoping it is just because "aunt Flo" is in town. I have been eating right and exercising but I have put 1.5lbs on this week......UGH!
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    TOM was at my house last week and I still managed to lose 4.4lbs... I was trying to burn 500 cals a day and I managed it though I felt icky!
    So losing during TOM can be done!
  • kcbrig
    kcbrig Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's 2-3lbs, but often it's around 5lbs - and as much as 10! Crazy.... Plus, who wants to work out when you're all crampy and miserable. I probably went over my calorie limit with the ibuprofen :) I try not to even look at a scale until it's over.
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    yes it's normal. I gained a lbs this week.
    it will go away aftewards. But just keeping doing everything, eating right and working out and it will stay off. Just because TOM is in town doesn't mean a week off. For me working out helps with cramps! SO it's nice!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I wasn't gaining this week but normally i do a few pounds. I was just hovering between 171 and 172 for a week and then yesterday I was in the 160s again.
  • jessicamichalski
    Options
    I have this issue too...something I have tried recently and it works fantastic...is the day before I start, I get bloaty and I can feel the water gain, so I take a diurex (water pill for this issue) and drink A LOT of water when I take it and throughout the week. It keeps the water weight gain to a minimum ( this time I didn't gain, I just maintained during that week)..I have been doing this for about 4 months now..and I only take one pill the day before and that helps so much! .might be something to look into if you don't like the water gain.. :)
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    yup me too, it does not bother me though. i look at it like this so i gained a pound or two this week but think how much you would gain if you didn't have it. lol at least 25 to 35 if you know what i mean:laugh:
  • tourguidebarbie69
    Options
    Well, in my opinion, "Aunt Flo" is an unwelcome family member and "she" stresses me out so much that I stress eat! But, I have to say that when I weighed last nite I had lost 6 lbs and I be dang if "she" didn't ring doorbell early this morning. I think it's a month to month struggle with "her" and possible weight gain. Lawdy, I can't stand her!:grumble:
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    on it right now actually, and have gained 2 pounds. After its done then I would weigh myself. Just happened to weigh myself on the first day. Don't even worry about it. Most times I usually gain 5 also, but I think exercising is helping to not gain as much.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    what's funny 4 me is that i won't lose or gain in that wk (i make sure i drink lots of water :drinker: ) but then have a massive weight loss the wk after. last time after it was over (& abt 2 days later) i lost abt 4-5lbs. :noway:

wouldn't have minded losin 2lbs a wk instead tho.... go figure :grumble:
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhh yes...the dreaded Aunt Flo aka Mother Nature's annoying monthly gift.
    I ALWAYS gain between 3-5 lbs during that time. It's mother nature's way of laughing & spitting on a woman's weight loss efforts.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    It's mother nature's way of laughing & spitting on a woman's weight loss efforts.

& i thought i was the only 1 that felt that way regardless lol :tongue: