Good idea?

Options
So I definitely want to lose more than 1 lb. a week, buut...here's my problem- I think when I set my goal to "lose 1.5-2 lbs", my cal intake is too low & I go over a little on some days & freak out & then just blow the day & eat more cause the negative number discourages me (even if it's like 50 cals). But I notice I don't always need those extra cals...only some days & not by much. So, I'm thinking I could just set my goal to "lose 1 lb/week" but only eat what I feel I need to eat each day & that way I won't see the negative number, I'll always be lower than the cal intake (probably even by hundreds), but it should keep me in line. I think it's a mental thing with the #...I'll prob vary my intake everyday (some days hungrier than others), but I'll always make sure my net is at least 1200. What do y'all think?

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    If you go over, exercise will clear that right up to the amount of calories you want it to be each day. I don't hit my daily calorie goal all the time either [I go over a lot]. Hasn't hindered my weight loss in the slightest. Just make sure those calories are being put to use, should you have excess. That's all.
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Its the net calories over the week that are important, i believe; so if you have less one day and more the next it should balance out. Its what your eating that might be making you feel hungrier on some days. A lot of low fat stuff is full of sugar or sweeteners which just makes you crave more. Proteins and fruit and veg are the ones that fill you up. Do you drink diet drinks? They make you hungry too as the body expects some calories because its sweet but gets none from the drink so your body then craves them (On BBC3 programme this week)

Good luck and be proud of any weight loss; a pound a week is the best way to do it.
  • kkyishkkii
    Options
    the odd high calorie day is good for the metabolism too and will hlp to prevent you from plateauing
  • hallybell
    hallybell Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with Herb1968....its the week that really matters. BUT, if its only in the red 50-200 calories, put your walking shoes on, and walk around your block 20 min. Just keep saying "I want this, I'll do anything to get this"