To all my ladies out there...

Options
when PMS rolls around, do you find that even if you have done nothing different from the week before the scale still says you didnt lose, but you gained? Last week iI weighed myself and I was so proud of me, I lost 3.9 lbs in one week. This week I did miss a day at the gym on my birthday but that should not really effect me since I have done everything the same as last week. The only difference is I strated my 'friend' this week. Could bloating do it to me? I weigh in tonight, but ill be honest, I cheated and took a peak at the scale last night and it went up 2 lbs.

Yes, I know it could be water weight. Thats why when I go to the gym today, I am only having a snack and loading up on water today to see if that helps. But does anyone else have this problem? Thinking of finding a meauring tape and start to measure each week as well, maybe im just getting leaner or something. IDK... Help? :frown:

Replies

• crazyeaCHANGED
    Options
    I'm a guy, so take it for what its worth, but both my wife and daughter are experiencing the exact same thing. I wouldnt worry about it.
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    yes it does it to me every time but then the day "my friend" decides to go the weight goes with it weird.
  • jadedjade24
    Options
    yay! cuz I was worried that I wasnt doing something right. Like my little birthday treat or something set me back... I would have been sad lol. Its just weird. So, should I save my weigh in for next week when it leaves since this week is screwed becuse of bloating?
  • KelaLess
    KelaLess Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This happens to me big time... to the point where I have pants and bras just for the additional weight. I gain about 5 pounds or so of water weight so I just avoid the scale during that time and I workout more and avoid salt like the plauge since that does not help the bloating at all. I have lost about 15 pounds and I am smaller, but the amount of weight I gain (5 lbs. or so) has not changed. Hope that helped.
  • kimmisatch
    Options
    Apparently you retain a bit more water around that time !! :huh:
  • jadedjade24
    Options
    I noticed. between this week and last week, there is a 2 pound differenc in my weight, and not the good kind of difference. So I am skipping my weigh in this week and will do it again when my 'friend' decided to pack her *kitten* and go home. Lousy free loader.
  • treena99
    treena99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes, I very well experience the same thing. I chose not to weigh in when my "friend" stop by and visit. I often become discourage when I see the scale moving up. But soon as my "friend" leave I hop on the scale, and becomes encourage. At that time, I noticed I have lost a few pounds and inches.
  • sweet_lotus
    sweet_lotus Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So I am skipping my weigh in this week and will do it again when my 'friend' decided to pack her *kitten* and go home. Lousy free loader.

Haha, that's a good idea. Also helpful is to look at your progress over a series of months (if you've been working on your health that long) rather than week by week. If you see overall progress, then definitely don't worry about water weight!

I get the hated belly bloat when my friend visits. Pants that normally fit suddenly give me muffin top. Oh well!
  • parrotlover
    parrotlover Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I actually just went through the same thing you are going through last week. I weighed myself and I was up 4.5 lbs but when I weighed myself agian this week I was right back down to what I was before!!! It will go away!
  • bobbhebe
    bobbhebe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    don't forget if you are going to the gym .....muscle weighs more than fat, measuring is a great way to see a difference but do not measure everyday our bodies tend to do funny things, I have heard measure after 2 weeks or more. I measured myself in August 2010, my belly was 41inches and I measured again in February 2011 and now my belly measures 35inches, I do measure myself every 2-3 weeks and that makes me feel good, the weight loss is great but the measurements are better especially if you are working out.