Hi, I'm new!

Options
Hi there, I've been using the MFP app for a month or two on my ipod but didn't realize untill a few days ago that there was a whole amazing website. It's awesome! I'm having a lot of fun and getting so much inspiration from the page. I've got 50lbs to lose, and I'm confident that I can do it with this site. I recently lost 50lbs, and then gained 20 of it back, which is frustrating. My work out buddy just got weight loss surgery and lost 60lbs in a couple months which has been hard since I'm working my butt off with small results while she has stopped working out completely and is now teeny tiny. I look forward to finding and becoming support buddies with you guys. We are all here for the same thing, right?. To get fit!

I'm happy to be here :)

Replies

• MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Welcome this place is wonderful the people here are amazing and will give you all the support you can handle :)
  • mssugarca
    Options
    Awesome Im super excited about this site too.... I too lost 50lbs and gained 30lbs back ugh but honey if we did it once we can do it again....and we can do it slowly, healthily, and naturally!!!
  • C_Bran
    C_Bran Posts: 254
    Options
    Welcome. I've been here since the 1/10/11. So the progress you see is basically from that point on.

I wish you the best of luck in your quest.
  • minooch1953
    Options
    Awesome weight loss, keep up the great work. What are you doing that's working so well for you? WAY TO GO!!!
  • 7Jessica
    7Jessica Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! it's great to be here. I'm hooked. What I did that worked so well the first time around was basically exactly what this site provides, but on paper. I kept a journal that i took everywhere. I wrote down all the calories for everything I ate, and kept it under 1200 every day. I gave myself one day a week to not count. That didn't mean that I ate 3 boxes of macaroni and cheese, with a side of chocolate cake... i just didn't count so i didn't feel bad about popping a couple dorritos, or putting a slice of cheese on my sandwich. This helped me feel like that one day was a little reward for the week of counting and working out and being good. I walked for 45 minutes 4-5 days a week. Now I've found this site, and it's pretty much the same thing but i don't have to carry a journal around and write everything down. Now my journal is a myfitnesspal app on my ipod, I've done it before, and I can do it again. Here goes! Thanks for all the support everyone.

We can all do tihs!