SO P'ed off right now!

Options
Warning: I need to rant...

OMGosh I hate hate HATE people who steal!

I work as a waitress, which is difficult, as I go to school full time and work about 25 hours a week. I literally do school, work, homework, work-out, and do just about nothing else. SO! Tonight at work, we were pretty slow, but you kind of keep track in your head how you're doing that night... up by the bar, each waitress has a tip cup, that they keep their tips in, so the bartenders can put your tips in your cup, they dont have to flag you down all the time. Someone STOLE from my cup!! I am soooooooo pi$$ed off!!!

I KNOW it was stolen and not just put in the wrong cup, because the receipts were all there, just not the money! bah! Best I cant tell 30-40 dollars is missing. This angers me GREATLY because I worked hard for this money, and I neeeeeed my money to pay for school, bills, etc. I dont know what to do. If it was a one time thing, I'll get over it (eventually lol) but if it happens more than once, I'm going to have to find a new job, because I can't afford to lose 30 bucks every time I work!!

Replies

• jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Warning: I need to rant...

OMGosh I hate hate HATE people who steal!

I work as a waitress, which is difficult, as I go to school full time and work about 25 hours a week. I literally do school, work, homework, work-out, and do just about nothing else. SO! Tonight at work, we were pretty slow, but you kind of keep track in your head how you're doing that night... up by the bar, each waitress has a tip cup, that they keep their tips in, so the bartenders can put your tips in your cup, they dont have to flag you down all the time. Someone STOLE from my cup!! I am soooooooo pi$$ed off!!!

I KNOW it was stolen and not just put in the wrong cup, because the receipts were all there, just not the money! bah! Best I cant tell 30-40 dollars is missing. This angers me GREATLY because I worked hard for this money, and I neeeeeed my money to pay for school, bills, etc. I dont know what to do. If it was a one time thing, I'll get over it (eventually lol) but if it happens more than once, I'm going to have to find a new job, because I can't afford to lose 30 bucks every time I work!!
  • His_Kelly
    Options
    Oh my that's horrible! Did you talk to the manager at all?
  • jill927
    Options
    There wasn't one on duty, and there really wasnt a point since I couldnt prove anything anyway... I'll talk to the owner tomorrow when I work. Apparently they've been having problems with the register coming out short as well. Someone is getting sticky fingers....:explode:
  • hnlymark
    Options
    I guess when you are brought up properly, its kind of a shock to realize how careless some people are. And the sad part is, if you told the person your story, how important every dollar is to your budget, they probably wouldn't even care. Sad. Good luck, I hope you are able to get it straightened out; times are tough right now.
  • jamdblake4
    Options
    theres a lot of bad people in the food biz I used to be one of them. but I worked the back of the house. sorry to hear about what happen it S*&ks
  • jill927
    Options
    theres a lot of bad people in the food biz I used to be one of them. but I worked the back of the house. sorry to hear about what happen it S*&ks

haha the back of the house is my fav! the cooks are hilarious.
  • jamdblake4
    Options
    thats because the wine is not always for the food.
  • stephanielamb79
    Options
    Years ago I worked at a restaurant that had a similar stance on holding tips. It was a small restaurant and many times it would only be me and the bartender on shift, so after the first couple times I felt my tip amount was incorrect I took it to the manager. Unfortunately, the manager and the bartender were friends, therefore I wasn't taken seriously and chose to find a different job. I was grateful to hear later, however, that the bartender was eventually caught when her own cash drawer started running short. I hope you don't continue having your issue and if you do I would absolutely recommend reporting it. I just wanted to share that it is common but atleast some people do get caught. Good luck.
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    now that is just rude. i feel for you. hope you get it sorted i know i get peeved if hubbies work stuffs up and doesnt pay us enough at least thats an easy fix
  • nuttyrubs
    Options
    dont you worry...i ll pray you earn double the amount today ............
  • eer205
    Options
    I was a waitress while I was in school. I totally understand. You must have to tipshare, then? That really really sucks. I am so sorry! :(:(
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    hugs Jill!!!

that's rotten!:grumble: go hang out w/ the cooks....they're always good for some laughs!

I really hope that never happens again or someone is made accountable for it....thinking of you!!!
    hugs!
    Ali
  • jill927
    Options
    thanks guys, I just had to get it off my chest! you guys are awesome!
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    That stinks that you're money was stolen. It would totally pi$$ me off too.

Since I've really cut down on the whole eating-out thing, I've started to buy things I can keep in the fridge at work. I like to buy stuff like cottage cheese, salad dressing, carrot sticks, etc. I keep all of my stuff in a bag marked (in sharpie) with my name on it and then mark the bag itself with my name all over it. You would think that people would respect that. But no. One day I go in and find that someone untied the bag and stole the whole container of cottage cheese! Next day, it was the salad dressing. :noway: Now I hear that others are having their whole lunches stolen. It's so ridiculous. We're all supposed to be professionals here. :mad:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Wow...not cool. Not cool one iota.

I hope you are having a better day and just remember.....what goes around comes around. They'll get theirs.

:flowerforyou: