Starting yet again

tillythiis
tillythiis Posts: 3 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
God knows how many times I have started this but I really am hoping to have the motivation to carry on. Hubby is doing well, so Im hoping to catch up.
exercise Im finding hard, mainly because I ache so much the next day. Any tips would be great x:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• My biggest tip for the exercise: Take it slow in the beginning. If you are too sore to work out again for the next few days, you are overdoing it. I started with walking - one mile at first, then two. Then I decided to add in some swimming, and now I alternate swimming and running. I had to work up my strength and endurance for both of those activities too. I started swimming laps 30 minutes at a time, and I did to the Couch to 5K program (and had to repeat several weeks as I went along) to build up to running. Now I swim for 60-90 minutes six days a week and am running a 10K (6.2 miles) 3x a week. I never thought I'd be able to do those things. Finding an activity you like is also very important for motivation. For me, taking an hour to get in the pool with my waterproof MP3 player and just listening to the music and swimming laps is the best stress reliever I have ever found. Home workouts and DVDs don't work for me. I have to be outside or in the pool (the one at the university where I work is indoors), so I found activities that allowed me to be in the places I like to be. Welcome back and good luck! You CAN do it!
  • tillythiis
    tillythiis Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you so much for your reply, will certainly try and start off slower this time. As the turtle said to the rabbit, 'slow and steady wins the race' lol.
    x
  • Hi Tilly and welcome. So many of us are in your position and starting yet again. I first joined in October and was doing really well, lost 15 lbs and then the holidays hit and hit hard so here I am back again too. I find this web page really helps me stay accountable and the motivation provided by the members is priceless! We just have to stick to it. As far as exercise is concerned start with baby steps, anything is better than nothing so start slow and before you know it, you'll be running marathons. LOL Just find something you enjoy doing, that may make it easier.

Good luck to you and let us know how you make out!
  • Hi Tilly : ) I'm also new to this site but not new to weight loss or gain.....I've tried working out at a gym, Curves, aerobics class and home exercise videos, have owned an elliptical, a stationary bike, an ab lounger and a gazelle so I've TRIED various ways to exercise and I always come back to just plain walking....I love walking and see results with walking that I just never do with any other exercise because I can stick to walking, so perhaps you might like to walk : )
This discussion has been closed.