Hey Hey Hey

Options
I joined a week ago. Today was my fith day on "the program". I weighed myself this morning and I lost 3.2lbs since starting this. I feel really encouraged by that.

Are there any tips that I should be aware of? I want to make sure I'm eating the RIGHT foods, not just less calories.

Replies

• CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Be prepared for swings in your weekly losses. You need to take a long view as it can be a bit discouraging to not lose anything one week when you have been doing everything right. Over time, things will balance out, but initially, you get excited with week one losses and can get bummed if week two tapers off.

Good Luck!!!

--Carter
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Focus on fruits and veggies for the main part of your diet, then proteins and high fiber carbs. as an example: your dinner plate should be 1/2 veggies, 1/4 protein, 1/4 carbs. And try to stay clear of processed packaged foods, they have a lot of sodium and sugars and chemicals!
  • thesuburbansound
    Options
    Yeah this week I ate better than I have for a while, but I know I'm eating crap I shouldn't. Today we made a trip to the local farmer's market where I loaded up on fruits, veggies, lean meats, ect.

I'm aware that my weight loss won't be consistent from week to week, I was just encouraged today because this is the first time I've tried losing weight w/out using a fad diet or something....and it actually is working!
  • pangalen
    Options
    Congrats to you! I've been doing this for 5 weeks now and have lost 30lbs.
    Obviously, you'll want to go for the healthier foods (more natural, less processed).
    Fresh veggies are the best. Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and asparagus, to name a few, all have a low calorie count
    and will fill out any meal nicely.
    Most meats are ok as long as they are portion controlled and grilled. Definitely avoid the deep fryer!
    Pasta and bread were a favorite of mine, but they are high in useless calories.
    Stay clear of sodas.
    And by all means, if you love yourself, stay away from Mickey D's!!! I always knew that their food wasn't the most nutritious,
    but you can easily consume your daily calorie allotment with one quarter pounder w/cheese meal!

As you are food shopping, look at the labels of everything you pick up.
    Some calorie counts are quite shocking, especially on your favorites!

Best of luck to you!
  • thesuburbansound
    Options
    30lbs in 5 weeks? Awesome! I'll be happy to drop 20lbs in 5 weeks.
  • TabbyJustice
    TabbyJustice Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far!

The most simple thing (that I'm still trying ever so hard to do!) is: DON'T eat things that come in boxes! Hahaha. Seriously, they may be okay in calories, but they are full of chemicals and sodium. Try to just eat clean, real foods. :)

Good luck!