Feel starving every night after taking my evening meds!

Options
It's driving me crazy. Every night, an hour or two after taking my meds...I'M STARVING! And I can't get full...I could eat and eat and eat until I feel sick but never feel full. Grrr! I don't know which pill it is...or if it's a combo of all of them...but damn it! Happens every night...and I know it's the meds b/c if I wait later than normal, I don't get hungry until after I take them.

:angry:

Replies

• pinkpixies
    Options
    It's driving me crazy. Every night, an hour or two after taking my meds...I'M STARVING! And I can't get full...I could eat and eat and eat until I feel sick but never feel full. Grrr! I don't know which pill it is...or if it's a combo of all of them...but damn it! Happens every night...and I know it's the meds b/c if I wait later than normal, I don't get hungry until after I take them.

:angry:
  • amberrobinson1
    Options
    What time do you take them? Maybe you could take them 20-30 minutes later each night and eventually be on track where you take them right before bedtime, then you won't be hungry cuz you'll be asleep. The extra minutes shouldn't affect you. Just an idea.
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Take them right before you are falling asleep!
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Maybe that's something to take up with your doctor, s/he might be able to substitute one medication for another to do the same thing and play with it enough to figure out which one is the problem (assuming it's a side effect of one). Or perhaps it's a common side effect and s/he simply neglected to tell you, and the problem will be easily fixable . . . I'm sure getting rid of that issue would make your weight loss goals easier to reach! Every little (and not so little) bit helps. :flowerforyou:
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    What time do you take them? Maybe you could take them 20-30 minutes later each night and eventually be on track where you take them right before bedtime, then you won't be hungry cuz you'll be asleep. The extra minutes shouldn't affect you. Just an idea.

I don't go to bed at the same time every night...and I have bad insomnia...so...even if I take them and go lay down....theres a good chance I'll still be awake in two hours. :frown:
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    Maybe that's something to take up with your doctor, s/he might be able to substitute one medication for another to do the same thing and play with it enough to figure out which one is the problem (assuming it's a side effect of one). Or perhaps it's a common side effect and s/he simply neglected to tell you, and the problem will be easily fixable . . . I'm sure getting rid of that issue would make your weight loss goals easier to reach! Every little (and not so little) bit helps. :flowerforyou:
    They're prescribed by several different doctors...LOL

My psych prescribes:

Cymbalta
    Neurontin
    Buspar

My ob/gyn prescribes:

Ortho Tri Cylcen

and my Urologist prescribes:

Vesicare

I think it's one of my psych meds thats doing it though...and I can't change those. :frown:
  • artnoren
    Options
    Check your meds out on the internet. There may be some information that will indicate if a med has a side effect that causes your hunger. You can also check with your phamacist.