Any tips guys? :)

Options
Right I've just started my diet, its nothing set I have just cut down on my portion sizes and cut out all that crap i.e. crisps chocolate takeaways etc and I'm starting to exercise more too... its been a week and I haven't lost any weight at all, and I'm pretty gutted, I wasn't expecting anything big but at least a pound or two?!
Does anyone have any tips or suggestions other than what I am already doing? I'm not excessively overweight, just wanting to rid of my extra pounds I gained when I was pregnant. I have been to the docs and I don't have a thyroid problem or anything like that so any help would be really grateful
Thanks
Claire :)

Replies

• dancinblonde0099
    dancinblonde0099 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Be patient, it will come off. Stick within your callories and exercise and you will see the difference soon!
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    how many calories a day are you eating? drinking water?? I went to a 1000 calories a day to jump start my weight loss and that worked for me
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Give it some time, it's only been a week (said the most impatient person ever). If you've started working out, you're probably replacing fat with muscle (muscle weighs 3x as much as fat). And working out makes your muscles hold onto water at the beginning. Stick with it a few more weeks and you'll start to see results. Also, the scale is not a very accurate measurement of progress. Try tracking your measurements--you're sure to see more positive improvements that way!
  • dmmsquared
    Options
    Check out the information in the post in my signature.... very helpful.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    erm, you could try slim fast? ive beeen on slimfast since 1st jan and ive lost 12lbs now. i lost 6lbs in the first weeek! give slimfast a bash, its good. maybe your body isnt used to cutting out all unhealthy fooods, probably thats why you havent lost any lbs! if you stick to the healthy eating and excercise the lbs should come off in the next week.. also try drinking at least 6 glasses of water a day this will flush out most of your food and you will soon notice the different in weight! but anyway what ever you decide to do, keep at it and the weight will drop off im sure :) x
  • claire_713
    Options
    Aw thanks everyone, you've all been very helpful :) xxxxx
  • claire_713
    Options
    Aw thanks everyone, you've all been very helpful :) xxxxx
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the best advice is patience and keep at it. I've heard that those last 10 - 15 pounds are the hardest ones to lose. I also agree with measuring; it's much better at tracking progress.
  • jilllk84
    jilllk84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    erm, you could try slim fast? ive beeen on slimfast since 1st jan and ive lost 12lbs now. i lost 6lbs in the first weeek! give slimfast a bash, its good. maybe your body isnt used to cutting out all unhealthy fooods, probably thats why you havent lost any lbs! if you stick to the healthy eating and excercise the lbs should come off in the next week.. also try drinking at least 6 glasses of water a day this will flush out most of your food and you will soon notice the different in weight! but anyway what ever you decide to do, keep at it and the weight will drop off im sure :) x

I like the slim fast shakes on days where I don't have time for a full meal but need something before working out. The cappachino ones are pretty good. Skip the vanilla- it just tastes a bit off. I just bought the chocolate ones today and will let you know how they taste if you'd like.
  • claire_713
    Options
    how many calories a day are you eating? drinking water?? I went to a 1000 calories a day to jump start my weight loss and that worked for me

I'm eating 1200 :S is that too much?? x
  • claire_713
    Options

I like the slim fast shakes on days where I don't have time for a full meal but need something before working out. The cappachino ones are pretty good. Skip the vanilla- it just tastes a bit off. I just bought the chocolate ones today and will let you know how they taste if you'd like.

Aw yes that would be lovely thank you :) xx
  • LDJones57
    LDJones57 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You're in the same boat as my wife....she isn't seeing any progress despite her best efforts. But I keep assuring her it WILL work if you stick to it. When it is all said and done, dieting boils down to simple math: Calories In minus Calories Burned. For every 3,500 calorie deficit a pound will disappear.

But the vagaries of the human body and the way it handles/stores/eliminates water can sometimes mask your progress...at least that's my theory! Remember water weighs 8.35 lbs. a gallon. If you're drinking the recommended 8 glasses a day that's just over 4 lbs of water weight in, minus whatever amount leaves you (not including the moisture within the foods you eat.) Over the course of a week (almost 30 lbs. of water!) your body only has to retain a very small portion of that to mask your week's weight loss progress.

All that to say: Hang in there! It will come!
  • jilllk84
    jilllk84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Aw yes that would be lovely thank you :) xx

I really like the royal chocolate ones- they help with the sweet tooth problem that I've been having without the guilt. Good luck!