at work

Options
Today I am working an 11 hour shift, I am a receptionist so I will be sitting the next 11 hours. I will probably have a salad for lunch that will be delivered to me since I am not aloud to leave for any reason. I will be the only one here other than the cameras and I'm not aloud to leave the desk.

How do I burn calories today? is my salad lunch going to be enough for 11 hours? (I'm not even supposed to eat at my desk but that's just not an option.

Replies

• SpartanHard
    SpartanHard Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    can you stand up from your chair and still remain in your desk area?
  • MrswhoIusedtobe
    Options
    I'm not really supposed to unless I'm going to the restroom it "looks unprofessional" according to the boss. I'm a front desk receptionist so everyone from the parking lot can see me.
  • Pineapples
    Pineapples Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    jumping on the spot or running on the spot. You are not allowed to a bathroom break either? isn't that illegal?
  • MrswhoIusedtobe
    Options
    I said the ONLY time I am aloud up is to go to the bathroom lol. There's no way I'd make 11 hrs and no bathroom ;)
  • Gwooh
    Gwooh Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Try theese!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKCPcRcJmqc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4sBxMl_5wk&feature=related

I bring small 3lbs weights with me to work...just to lift throught the day. I double them up to make them 6lbs if I need more.
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
  • xnattiex
    xnattiex Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i am currently at work with my legs out straight in front of me and im lowering them to the ground and back up again in quick pulses....dont know if it is doing anything (although it is hurting my things lol) but im doing it haha
  • beautymkt
    Options
    That's a hard one.....how about just keep your arms moving while at the desk and while sitting behind the desk on your chair.....do some leg movements/exercise (simply moving your knees up and down to work on thighs or swinging your legs back and forth with knees up) Hope this helps! Good luck! I'm sure if you stay on your calorie intake and water intake throughout the day, you will meet your goals.
  • jesshall281
    Options
    when you go to the bathroom do 20 jumping jacks...no one would dare question why you are emerging from the bathroom looking so sweaty so you'll get away with it! :)
  • xnattiex
    xnattiex Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i am currently at work with my legs out straight in front of me and im lowering them to the ground and back up again in quick pulses....dont know if it is doing anything (although it is hurting my things lol) but im doing it haha

I meant thighs not things lol!

Also just as a second thought, you could get one of those mini bikes that you can put under your desk at work.
  • MrswhoIusedtobe
    Options
    These are great ideas, I guess I just didn't think that anything of small measure would work but I can already feel the burn in my thighs this is great!

I do manage to do lunges to the bathroom since it's all the way in the back of the building. Once we close I have to mop and vacuum so that'll definitely help out too.

@ xnattiex I didn't even know they made those bike things, that's awesome.
  • SpartanHard
    SpartanHard Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest Burpees but that would definitely look unprofessional.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your bossy is pretty picky about professionalism. However, being chained to your desk without breaks is also cruel. I think by law you're required a break every four hours.....

In any case, I think the comment about bathroom exercising sounds like the best option, considering your circumstances. Do moves that involve just your own body weight, so that it won't draw the attention of your boss. Do jumping jacks, squats, plies, mountain climbers, situps, and pushups. I'm not sure how clean the area is, or if you have much space, but all of those would work.

I also recommend standing up every once in a while, twist in your chair and other yoga-type moves that will look like to most people that you are just stretching. You can squeeze your buns or tuck your abs and do several reps to give those extra areas some work and the movement is so minor that no one will notice.

Shannon
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    wow that sucks! I dont know how you do it..i cant even sit for long lol
  • gdelany
    gdelany Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Where are you? In California, it's illegal to work over 6 hours without a meal break.

But in terms of burning calories, tap your feet. To keep it quiet, I cross my legs and tap the foot that crossed. Then I switch after a bit.