Has anyone read the book 'skinny *****'?

Options
I'm thinking about getting it, but I don't know if it's any good not

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i started it and gave it away....i did not like the negativity about EVERY single thing we eat or drink.....they bashed everything and i just did not find it enjoyable AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KWSR16
    KWSR16 Posts: 91
    Options
    My sister bought it a while ago. Its kinda funny. But it definately gets you into "thinking skinny"! It helps you look at foods a little differently and shows you how foods will effect your body. It also doesnt hold back. So if you want a little kick in the pants from a skinny ***** then you should definately get it! I havent read it cover to cover, but as much as I have read it was good. :)
  • Christin09
    Christin09 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yeah i listened to it, and I would not recommend reading it! They were extremely negative and VERY graphic with stuff. They don't believe in eating meat and stuff like that so I would recommend a NO on this one.

You should look into the book "The end of Overeating" that one was pretty interesting.
  • Cori615
    Cori615 Posts: 100
    Options
    I bought and t they talk bad about every food and imply that vegan is the only way to go. Which is not. You should buy it on amazon used just to read it but everybody has different opinions.
  • jackalope28
    jackalope28 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have, and agree with the other posters - basically, they are vegans and the book is a soft sell to be a vegan. If that appeals to you, go for it, otherwise I'd say skip it or just get it from the library.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I have it- it's ok. It's an extended case for veganism though, so you can generally do your own research and come to the same conclusions. It makes some good points, though I personally just don't have what it takes to stick to a vegan diet. Bacon cheeseburgers are too big a part of my life (they've been with me through thick and thin) but it has some good points.
  • swtchrypie
    Options
    I read their one for pregnancy and I didnt finish it. I was so sick that I could barely hold anything down let alone get it in my mouth. The book made it worse and I had to stop reading it before I had nothing left to eat.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I received their exercise dvd a couple years ago (for Christmas from my sister who thinks she is perfect) and hated their negative attitude. Wouldn't go near the book.
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    I haven't read that one, but I would recommend "The Skinny: How to fit into your little black dress forever." It has a lot of the same philosophy that I've found here: no food is forbidden, just watch your portions and get moving. Also there are some good recipes in the back.
  • AeshaKSha
    Options
    WHAT THE FULL NAME OF THE BOOK? HAVE YOU READ THE BOOK CALLED FRENCH WOMEN DON'T GET FAT?
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I have (checked it out at my local library) and enjoyed it. But I'm fairly caustic myself, and had been a vegetarian for 20 years by the time I read it.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    WHAT THE FULL NAME OF THE BOOK? HAVE YOU READ THE BOOK CALLED FRENCH WOMEN DON'T GET FAT?

Skinny B!tch
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    Yes, but I did not like it as much as How To Eat Like A Hot Chick. It's a funny, hilarious and motivating book. I read it before I got pregnant and I lost 35 pds, because I wanted to look hot!

Skinny B is all about being vegan and they are graphic. I really didnt like it.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    There's another book called Skinny Chicks Don't Eat Salads which I bought but ended up not really reading. It's about maintaining your sugar levels throughout the day so you don't ever get hungry to where you're on a binge. I didn't have the "starve myself all day and then binge at night" habit so I didn't really relate. I just had the "overeat in general" habit :)

A friend of mine did do the skinny ***** book and ended up losing a lot of weight, but after reading reviews I realized it wasn't for me because I read how it is basically prescribing veganism.
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    There's another book called Skinny Chicks Don't Eat Salads which I bought but ended up not really reading. It's about maintaining your sugar levels throughout the day so you don't ever get hungry to where you're on a binge. I didn't have the "starve myself all day and then binge at night" habit so I didn't really relate. I just had the "overeat in general" habit :)

A friend of mine did do the skinny ***** book and ended up losing a lot of weight, but after reading reviews I realized it wasn't for me because I read how it is basically prescribing veganism.

I just had the "overeat in general" habit :)
    I have this same habit.
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    i started it and gave it away....i did not like the negativity about EVERY single thing we eat or drink.....they bashed everything and i just did not find it enjoyable AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x2 It is SUPER negative (or maybe x10 with everyone else). I couldn't finish it. However, your library should have it, so if you want to check it out, at least you won't have wasted your money!

There's nothing wrong with being Vegan, but presenting it like a Holier-Than-Thou lifestyle gets on my nerves.
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    Bacon cheeseburgers are too big a part of my life (they've been with me through thick and thin) but it has some good points.

With your avatar, all I can think of is the "Pearls Before Swine" where Pig says, "But BLTs are so Darn Good!!!"
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I loved it! But then again...I'm a vegetarian with vegan tendancies...no leather, no silk, no carmine, no animal testing...ect. So it appealed to me. If you're not interested in becoming vegan then this book isn't meant for you.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    With your avatar, all I can think of is the "Pearls Before Swine" where Pig says, "But BLTs are so Darn Good!!!"

Not what I had in mind- but quite perfect all the same! PBS is of the awesomeness.

Avatar is actually a Hitchhiker's joke for a friend. She said "show me your towel" so I found a funny towel configuration. I liked him tho (I call him Toby) and he just stuck.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Girl you better check the library first. Or if that doesn't work try a discount bookstore. I save my pennies any way I can.