Booze or no Booze

Options
I've had 800 calories today....thinking about opening a bottle of wine. Should I?

Replies

• taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    if you can in moderation go for it. I tend to say Ill have one then have 3 then start snacking....
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    If you have the will power to stop at 1 -2 glasses then go for it if you are going to neck the entire bottle maybe safer not to x
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    The dieting cliche comes to mind: Don't drink your calories.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Do you even have to ask? Of course you should open a bottle of wine!
  • pesimax
    Options
    I might have one then, i just worked out its 689 calories if i have the whole bottle. I'm gonna attempt to have 2 glasses while i watch toots and the maytalls on tv...Then bed.
  • 7Jessica
    7Jessica Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    wine tends to be high in calorie. I know this because i ABSOLUTELY LOVE WINE. Maybe work out a bit first if you're feeling unsure or guilty? sometimes I opt to a cocktail since it's lower in calorie. vokda and a diet soda with a squeeze of lime. mmm.. it's friday :)

the old me would say hell yeah! open that bottle of wine and pour me a glass too!! the new me would say maybe do a bit of your exercise of choice, crack it open and enjoy your friday after noon :)
  • pesimax
    Options
    yeah, it's 9pm in the uk. I think i'll have a glass and a rice cake then bed lol.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Back away from the booze and eat those calories. Booze are simple carbs when in turn are broken down into sugars. Also...booze stunts your metabolism. It's fine once or twice a month...but not on a regular basis if you're not working your tush off.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    really? What's your goal, how close are you to your goal, and how important is your goal?
  • pesimax
    Options
    my Goal is meant to be 1850, but i've been constantly 500+ under that every day. I'm also vegan so I don't have alot of saturated fat normally. However I used to eat lots of pasta. I've not really got a 'weight' goal as such, i've got more of a '44/42 inch chest' goal so I can buy some new clothes...all the stuff I wanna buy only sold in small(ish) sizes and are slim fit.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! It's Friday!