need friends:)

Options
HELLO everyone--
i am quite new in here.. i need friends to get support :)
i can offer you italian recipes.. healthy recipes:) ciaoooo

Replies

• jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend...send me a request. I love to support and be supported and love italian food!
  • ceri1980
    ceri1980 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!! Id love to know how you cook Italian....healthily, im intrigued!

Good Luck on your weight loss journey

Ceri
  • Kelleyrh5
    Kelleyrh5 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Ditto! More friends the merrier! Oh and i love italian food!!! :happy:
  • littlelionesslove
    Options
    Who could resist the offer of Italian recipes in exchange for friendship? Not me!
  • bybybelly
    Options
    Friend me....I can offer support and I want those recipes:)
  • mauck1975
    mauck1975 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    add me :) I would love some recipes!! Good luck!!
  • hilsidney
    hilsidney Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm pretty new too.
    Add me as a friend, I love to cook, and I love Italian! :)
  • chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me (anyone) ... chrissyv1024
  • jenallen15
    jenallen15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Healthy Italian food? you.... Are my hero! Sending you a friend request and welcome!
  • vyolette
    Options
    Add me too!
  • barbhuddleston
    Options
    Add me! Add me!! I love italian!!
  • hamster123
    Options
    I'll be honest I only want to be your friend to get the italian food.
  • slmalone
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am new too (imagine that) haha
    Well I would love to be added to anyone's profile because just as much as I need support, I can give it as well.

AS far as italian food goes...
    I know how hard it is to find a healthy italian meal, being from a large italian family.
    Here are my helpful hints...
    Pasta, especially whole wheat, is a complex carb, which is good for the body. It fuels brain activity and muscles need it as fuel too. The main thing is to watch your portions with pasta.
    When making an italian dish, stay away from cream sauces and try making your own..
    For a red sauce, grab a can of diced tomatoes and some tomato paste, fresh basil and rosemary..oregano or just grab the italian seasoning from the spice rack..and from there you can add whatever flavors you would like...let it simmer and there you go. The great thing about making your own red sauce is that you can control what goes in it.
    Also, make your own pesto, its so simple, fresh basil, a little bit of olive oil, and garlic, and pine nuts. all store bought pesto has soo much oil in it.
    Another option is to go sauceless, saute some garlic and maybe some scallops, add your linguini and to top it off add some basil, a tad bit more olive oil and a splash of lemon juice. Definitely cater your portions of each ingredient to your own taste buds. Some people don't like lemon, but a lot of garlic and onion powder.

I will look for some more specific healthy italian recipes to post.
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm, Italian food, my favorite!! Find a healthy way for me to eat it and I'll be your friend!!