Recommended Fitness DVD???

Options
Hi, I have been working on my fitness and toning for just over a month now with good results, using my treadmill, I need to shake up my workouts a little to keep up my motivation.
Can anyone recommend the best dvd I could get?? im from the UK btw xx

Replies

• Bethy25
    Options
    NOt sure about UK but Jillian Michaels 30 day shred give you a great workout! I also just bought the Zumba DVD set and am just getting into it. Little uncoordinated so hopefully I will get there!
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've been using Jillian Michael's dvds

30 Day Shred
    No More Trouble Zones and
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism

All tough and can be used in rotation of one another
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 30 Day Shred and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism by Jillian Michaels and really like them.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    That depends on what you like??? A lot of folks here like the Jillian Michaels DVDs. If you are a Beachbody fan, they have DVDs for every type: TurboJam (kickboxing/dancey), ChaLEAN Extreme (strength training and cardio), P90 (strength training and cardio), Insanity (sports drills), RevAbs (kickboxing), Slimin6 (toning and cardio). Then there's yoga - for those I like Rodney Yee, others like Shiva Rea. Jillian Michaels and Tom Harper also have yoga Vids out.

There's a ton to choose from depending on what you like to do !!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 30 Day Shred and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism by Jillian Michaels and really like them.

Same here. I also like her yoga meltdown.
  • Cudders
    Options
    Hiya! Any of the DVDs from Jillian Michaels are very good. Banish fat boost metabolism one is just cardio, the 6 pack in 6 weeks is an abs cardio circuit and the 30 day shred is cardio, sculpting and abs circuits. For the latter you'll need a set of hand weights and is also good cause there's 3 workouts on the one DVD

I like the Stott series for pilates. I do the Stott Pilates: Core Challenge and that's an intermediate one and excellent. If you haven't done pilates before, get one of the more beginner ones.

If you are at all interested in dance and ballet, there's a DVD called Ballet Conditioning. I've done all the other DVDs above with very little soreness at all (but I am quite fit) but this one put my thighs in agony for days after so it's really hard! Also the abs section in the end in this one is by the hardest ab workout I've ever done.

All of the above are availabe from the UK amazon.
  • bredenbe
    Options
    Don't know if you have Netflix in the UK, but its a good way to try out different fitness dvd's without having to buy them outright. P90x is a good hardcore (but expensive) 12-DVD fitness series that doesn't require a lot of equipment.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I use Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred, the Biggest Loser DVDs, and I have a Leslie Sansone indoor walking DVD I like
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    I like the 30 day shred because its not only cardio and its only 20 mins easy to fit into my hectic day x
  • mmobsess
    Options
    denise austin hit the spot pilates and yoga body burn-- i lost 30 pounds in 3 months just doing 40 to 45 minutes of yoga or pilates 3 times a week--they are excellent for toning and denise is very encouraging -you want believe how flexible you get
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I like The Jordan Workout, Barbara Currie's Seven Secrets of Yoga, and the Urban Workout.

I generally use my lovefilm account to rent workout DVDs, then buy the ones I really like off amazon.
  • Uisgich
    Uisgich Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My favourite at the moment is Kick Box Cross Train available from Amazon.co.uk here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gaiam-Kickbox-Core-Train-DVD/dp/B0025TXKQA/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1298032814&sr=1-2

It's intense but fun and you can really feel that you've been working your muscles!

Edit: So much for trying to be clever and include a link!
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels lover here. Have the 30 day Shred and No More Trouble Zones. I also love my old Tae Bo videos. Mix in a little Zumba and I LOVE my video rotation.
  • trudypickles
    Options
    thanks all, food for thought, I like the look of p90x but its expensive, Ive go two left feet so zumbz/dance are out...30 day shed sounds interesting..I think i'll have a look on amazon xxx
  • trudypickles
    Options
    Hi ...Just ordered 30 day shred off Amazon for the bargain price of £6.50 delivered... can wait for it to arrive now .....

Does anyone know if I need any free weights to use with the dvd? :smile:
  • trudypickles
    Options
    Hi ...Just ordered 30 day shred off Amazon for the bargain price of £6.50 delivered... can wait for it to arrive now .....

Does anyone know if I need any free weights to use with the dvd? :smile:
  • stephy6
    stephy6 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    She does have you do some moves with free weights so I would recommend getting them for this dvd. I use 5 lb weights as a beginner but I would say betwen 3-7 lbs.
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been working on my fitness and toning for just over a month now with good results, using my treadmill, I need to shake up my workouts a little to keep up my motivation.
    Can anyone recommend the best dvd I could get?? im from the UK btw xx

Hi Im also in UK and love dancefloor workout dvd it is great and you can choose 20, 30, 40 and 60 minute workouts so always time to work out :)