I am doing it again .........

Options
Things have been crazy busy at our house and I found that I have not been counting my calories. blah. I need to do that every meal...it keeps me aware of what I have put in my mouth and what I can put in my mouth.

Putting myself last is one of my biggest downfalls and I need to break that habit. It is a bad one. Does anyone else struggle with this issue?

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    get back on the train and do your best every day to stay on track.......you can do this....you want to and you need to soooooo just do it....we are here for you, just tell us what you need....
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Your family will benefit from you taking care of yourself!
  • cargcardenas
    Options
    I have found that if things at home are very stressful I don't bother to keep track. I am much more aware of stress eating and have found that since keeping track I think about why I am eating. Am I really hungry or do I want to run away.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I've been guilty of it more than once, but I love when MFP tells me I've tracked so many days in a row! So, I make myself do it. If I'm at work, I keep track before eating. I take my lunch with me and just go ahead and enter it. That way I'm obligated to not go somewhere else. Keep it up. You can do it! Our families can do without us for 5 minutes while we track our meals!
  • shelsab
    shelsab Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    yup all of the time! And this last 2 months have been hard and I found out when I was not counting that is why I was not losing! It stinks.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Try to "plan" a bit in advance instead of just counting as you go. I find it a lot easier if I plan breakfast and lunch (and day time snacks) keeping up with dinner is a lot less stressful.

But you know, plan to have a sandwich and piece of fruit for lunch- that way when you are planning your day, you plan how you are going to have these with you when you need to eat (pack em? be at home?) or what are acceptable on the go substitutes (veggie sub from subway?).
  • heligal79
    Options
    Thank You for all of the responses, you guys are great.