Zumba

madamelaporte
madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
what does this come under when logging your exercise?? aerobics, general or dancing, aerobic etc ?? They have different calories burnt so not sure which one I should be putting it under?? I have been doing it as the lower calories burned just to be sure.
thanks

Replies

• Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    what does this come under when logging your exercise?? aerobics, general or dancing, aerobic etc ?? They have different calories burnt so not sure which one I should be putting it under?? I have been doing it as the lower calories burned just to be sure.
    thanks

I use high impact aerobics
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    I broke down and invested in a heart monitor.
  • high impact aerobics is what I use too
  • ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    I have it under:

Dancing, Aerobic, Ballet, Modern, Twist...That is one category that to me sums it up pretty well.
    :flowerforyou:
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    I also have been putting it under the Dancing,aerobic etc it just didnt seem to burn what I thought it would! :ohwell:
  • I actually added zumba in myself, to my exercises. I bought a heart rate monitor watch at Walmart, to see how many calories I burn with Zumba. I burned 800 calories doing an hour of Zumba on the WII. The monitor cost arounf $30.
  • Atleast40
    Atleast40 Posts: 62 Member
    When I do the beginners DVD I use "Low Impact Aerobics." When I do the Advanced DVD and complete the workout at what I feel is average-high intensity for me I use "Aerobics General," which is a higher calorie burn than the "Low Impact Aerobics" but lower than the "High Impact Aerobics." I like to use the lower numbers too most of the time, just to be safe. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.