Peanut butter replacement and whole wheat bread AHHH!

Options
And im completely in love with it. Its 330 calories, and ate already. I'm under my calorie intake and burned 1400+ calories today. Is my food choice bad? :( considering I'll be going to sleep soon? Or will the fact that its a much healthier version of regular bread and sugar filled peanut butter save me?

Replies

• Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Ehrm, considering how your photos look, I think its quite ok, haha... as long as its not your main food choice all the time!
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    There is actually little evidence to support the theory of eating something before bed being worse than eating at any other time.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it doesn't really matter when you eat. Also, I just ate peanut butter on wholemeal toast for breakfast because I was craving, and instead of the strawberries I had planned on eating. The kind I use has no added sugar or salt, so it's actually pretty good for you. I don't know why everyone is mad at peanut butter! It's got good fats and peanuts have more protein than other nuts. I don't know what this replacement stuff is, but perhaps next time you might only eat 1 tbsp per slice of bread, or just go back to regular peanut butter, as a smaller amount of the real stuff seems to satisfy my cravings better than a whole lot of the fake stuff.
  • thektturner
    Options
    Just found this though:

"If you are hoping to gain weight, adding a nutritious, calorie-dense evening snack to your day, such as whole grain toast with peanut butter, avocado or cheese, may help you reach your goal."

[ Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/87749-eating-before-bed-gaining/ ]

May not have been the best choice, then. :(
  • ickybella
    Options
    Just found this though:

"If you are hoping to gain weight, adding a nutritious, calorie-dense evening snack to your day, such as whole grain toast with peanut butter, avocado or cheese, may help you reach your goal."

[ Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/87749-eating-before-bed-gaining/ ]

May not have been the best choice, then. :(

If he's under his calories, it's fine. Eating calorie-dense foods will make you gain weight, if you go over your calories for the day, but there's no magical property of peanut butter on toast that is going to make you gain weight automatically. Calories in vs. calories out, people. Come on.
  • thektturner
    Options
    I am aware. I just found it amusing that they used that as an example.

I usually have either a glass of milk or a bowl of fiber-rich cereal before bed.
  • Elli0tt
    Options
    lol thank you
    Ehrm, considering how your photos look, I think its quite ok, haha... as long as its not your main food choice all the time!
  • Elli0tt
    Options
    Thanks girls, I now feel muuuuch better about what I ate. Stakes are high tho because I literally HAVE TO weigh 185lbs by march 5th and im hovering around 195-200, its got me paranoid.
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    What do you mean by peanut butter substitute? Are you talking about that weird powder stuff or some other nut or seed butter? I stay away from weird processed powdered stuff, but if it's working for you, then why not? Also, if you have to get down to the weight, have you tried Jack3d before your workouts? I only take it sometimes in the morning, but it might be something to help you power through, unless it reacts with any other supplements or protien powders you may be on. I have friends who do casein and it and have no problems. Several of my body building friends take it either before lifting or before runs.
  • Elli0tt
    Options
    I got this stuff called 'WOWbutter' in the organic/whole foods isle at the store, and its really DAMN good lol. I'd say after getting this first jar of it I prefer it over regular peanut butter judging just by the taste, the serving size is 2 tbsp 200 calories which obviously is kinda high, it has 15g of fat, 2.5 saturated, 9g polyunsaturated, 7.5 omega-6, 1.5g omega-3, 4g monounsaturated, 120mg sodium, 8 g carbs, 4g fiber, 4g sugar, and 7g of soy protein. All the good fats it has attracts me to it plus the 30mg less sodium, double the fiber than most other brands, that and I just like the taste.

and I normally don't take energy supplements, I stopped after NO-xplode caused me to throw up more often a few year ago, that and i just think everything I've heard about energy supps and the heart keeps me away, would you say this stuff works well? My energy level is suffering because of the calories in vs. calories out thingy, ratio
  • ickybella
    Options
    Is it just me or would you have to lose muscle to lose weight? You are really buff and I don't think you have any fat to lose, but maybe that's just me. Anyway, the peanut butter I use is Whole Earth Smooth Original or Smooth Organic, depending on the prices and it has: 179 calories 3 carbs 15 fat 7 protein120 sodium 1 sugar, all grams, except sodium, which would be milligrams. I don't know if you can find it in the U.S. but if you can, it's very good stuff, no sugar added and it tastes so fantastically amazing. I'd rather have the real stuff than some imitation. Also, why do you have to lose ten pounds?

Edit: That's for 30g, which I figure is nearly 2 TBSP.