Confession Time!

Options
I was really good all day yesterday, then, come the evening I really fancied an egg custard tart, I pondered for a while, then went and bought 2, they don't sell them individually at my local supermarket!!!:mad:

Well, I started off with good intensions, and only ate one, but then I decided to eat the other, which meant I was over my daily allowance by 400 cals!

Naturally, it meant that I've put a pound on this morning :explode:

Jackie

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I was really good all day yesterday, then, come the evening I really fancied an egg custard tart, I pondered for a while, then went and bought 2, they don't sell them individually at my local supermarket!!!:mad:

Well, I started off with good intensions, and only ate one, but then I decided to eat the other, which meant I was over my daily allowance by 400 cals!

Naturally, it meant that I've put a pound on this morning :explode:

Jackie
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    awwww been there done that! sigh.....its just water weight...but still not fun to see!

you'll do better today right?!!!

I know you will!:drinker:
    hugs!
    Ali
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Now, STOP THAT! You're doing so good, don't sabotage yourself already.

But you couldn't have gained 1 pound from that--you would have to overeat by 3500 calories to gain a pound, so it's water weight. Remember, as women, our weight can fluctuate up to 5-10 pounds on any given day :angry: It's just part of being "woman"

Now, put down those egg tarts! And get back to great job you were doing!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    one egg tart (or 2) doth not a diet breaker make.

Sometimes it is actually GOOD to shake up your system, so dont worry.

Your doing a wonderful job, 9 pounds gone forever!!:flowerforyou:
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    if i eat the wrong thing , i can be up a pound or two in the morn even if i was under on my calories, i made the mistake of allowing myself to bake this week, made a Swedish apple pie that was fantastic, but also about 400 calories per slice(1/8) and who doesn't want seconds :laugh: , 9 pounds your doing good just keep at it and you'll be fine :happy:
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I agree with shorerider ! Little treats are only rewards. You have to be good a week long to deserve 1 tart. I fully agree that you are sabotaging yourself. Take this from one who does so! You can do better than this, we have confidence in you!

However, being honest is something I reward. So, I forgot in this very moment that you hard a tart. Or two, for that matter :wink: . Now get yourself together and be harsh on yourself. Try this strategy: when you feel like really having a tart think: "I sure will, but not just now. Tomorrow, maybe." and tomorrow think just the same. Some day you sure will have that tart, but not just now, don't give in too easily.

I am proud of what you've achieved so far and am believing in you!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    if i eat the wrong thing , i can be up a pound or two in the morn even if i was under on my calories, i made the mistake of allowing myself to bake this week, made a Swedish apple pie that was fantastic, but also about 400 calories per slice(1/8) and who doesn't want seconds :laugh: , 9 pounds your doing good just keep at it and you'll be fine :happy:

he BAKES?!?

look out, ladies, Lagasse Jr.'s on the prowl!!
  • pecksun8
    Options
    One day is not a bad thing Just don't do that everyday! You're doing great, so just get right back to it!

I have also been baking, and this time I make it my mission to see just how many calories I can cut from the recipe. This last time I made oatmeal cookies, and I managed to drop 300 cal per cookie! And they still tasted great!
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Now, STOP THAT! You're doing so good, don't sabotage yourself already...

...Now, put down those egg tarts! And get back to great job you were doing!

Pshht! I need someone like you around me all the time! :laugh: No seriously, will you come over here and be my concsious? :huh:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    One day is not a bad thing Just don't do that everyday! You're doing great, so just get right back to it!

I have also been baking, and this time I make it my mission to see just how many calories I can cut from the recipe. This last time I made oatmeal cookies, and I managed to drop 300 cal per cookie! And they still tasted great!

300 calories a cookie????That must be some cookie :wink: !
  • rjjarvis
    Options
    So, eat 400 cals less today! My personal theory, which I'm submitting for consideration, is that you don't beat yourself up for cheating or for failing to hit the target, but you are nevertheless accountable for your deeds.

My way of looking at this is if you go over 400 cals in Day 1, you subtract 400 calories from your target on Day 2. That way you can cheat if you really have to, but you don't let yourself get away with it.

And, if it's hard to eat 400 cals less in Day 2, well, that's the price of cheating.

I just cheated terribly on Thursday night, and ran 672 cals over my target. Friday was a difficult day. I managed to burn about 400 cals by exercise--this was not easy--and then ate about 300 cals less.

The next time around, I don't think I will be so inclined to cheat because payback is hell. However, if I do cheat, I will just adjust accordingly.

This probably is not good diet advice, because cutting back on Day 2 may not fully address the damage done by cheating on Day 1; however I do think it is important psychologically to hold yourself responsible for what you do. If you can't do at least that, it will be increasingly hard to lose weight.

I know that because I have constantly let myself off the hook. That doesn't build resolve, it weakens it.

So, my thought is, "step up" to the mistake, but don't fret about it. Instead, own it and adjust for it accordingly -- and remember what it took to make that adjustment.
  • canawoman
    Options
    Just dont make it a habit dust yourself off and take it as a learning lesson....Keep on keeping on..
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Dusting myself off is just what I did! I feel better for doing it too!
    Cheers :drinker:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    It's that wagon thing......just be certain it never gets too far ahead of you. You keep hopping back on you're gonna complete the journey!!!! Just takes a bit longer...IMHO