Pants size

Options
I have been eating decently, much better than before I started using this site. I have been far more active than I imagined I could be, running, visiting the gym, choosing to walk instead of drive. I have lost 12lbs and 5+ inches in 6 weeks!

But I haven't dropped a pants size.

I'll be honest. I'm jealous! I see folks who weigh more than I do, and wear smaller pants than me. I know, I know. Bodies are shaped different. I'm just tired of my shape including a large area in the pants!

I just wanted to vent, and send out my hopes to the luck of the world that my pants size shrinks soon! I would really, really like to see that as a NSV!

Replies

• Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    C'mon, you KNOW everyone is different in how they lose! I've lost 11 pounds and the only thing that is getting too big are my bras! The drop WILL come! Hang in there!
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    The scale tells me I've lost almost 7# in 5 weeks (so you're ahead of me), but I can't see it or feel it anywhere ... yet, anyway. I know it will come soon. Yours will, too. Just keep on.
  • Kris1974
    Options
    I have lost 11 lbs since jan 3rd but I have lost 4 pants size, I wanted to lose more weight yet that hasn't happened yet, you will lose the weight don't worry it will come off probably all at once and you will be shocked. Don't let it discourage you.
  • dbzs
    dbzs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    If you can lose 12 lbs and 5 inches in 6 weeks you'll be pants shopping before you know it. I bet the ones you're in already feel different. You look great, don't give up!
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    i feel your pain, i think a lot is down to body shape. someone i know is 6 inches shorter than me, weighs the same and is a smaller size :-/

it's happen :)
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    I've lost 60lb and only gone down by 2 sizes UK 22 - 18 bottom and 24 to 22 on top all my weight has gone from my legs arms face and back I still have the huge stomach not so huge bum and massive boobs (I've lost on the back not on the cup) But I know it will come in time for me and for you too x
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I just really wanted to whine about it to somebody :tongue: Glad the forums are here to 'listen'.

I definitely have more weight to lose and lots of muscles to tone up, I'm not stopping any time soon :bigsmile:
  • sabichu
    Options
    I only saw a change in my pant size after losing 10 lbs. It'll suddenly come off out of nowhere, honestly!
  • Fineraziel
    Options
    Maybe you have big muscles in your thighs and butts... You shouldnt be ashamed of that : I wish I had more! :P
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged yet. I lost a bunch of weight and didn't change sizes much until I really started to kick up my exercise once I had lost the weight. I just finished P90X and lost no weight during these 3 months, but went down another size. So it's not a consistent size per poundage rule. Hang in there!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Are you doing weight training? If you want to really see a difference in your body shape and in your pant size, I recommend it.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I do some weight training, not very much. I try my best to include at least 20 mins once a week. I am mostly focused on running to for now so I can get faster for my event in April.

I will definitely try to incorporate more weight work, thank you. :)
  • chelsea32291
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I've been working out tons and watching what I eat for the past 6 weeks and also haven't went down a pant size. My current ones are way too big but the next size down is still too tight. It's very aggravating, but makes me want to work twice as hard to get there. Good luck! :)
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Well my problem is that pants which fit my rear end do not fit my waist! :laugh: I have always had larger hips and now that my waist is smalller, pants that fit my hips/butt are loose in the waist. Doesn't matter what size pants I wear it has always been an issue...just more so now. If you are lossing inches, then you will see it in your pant size soon! Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • daffysbird
    Options
    I've lost 60lb and only gone down by 2 sizes UK 22 - 18 bottom and 24 to 22 on top all my weight has gone from my legs arms face and back I still have the huge stomach not so huge bum and massive boobs (I've lost on the back not on the cup) But I know it will come in time for me and for you too x

Your doing fab huni - starting to get worried your going to outshine the bride!!!