Options

Replies

• Cudders
    Options
    Oh you *kitten*! Now I want fish and chips AND doughnuts! :tongue:
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    You can make the sausages extra skinny by taking the skins off and grilling the meat inside. That'll let more fat escape.
  • kimzxx
    kimzxx Posts: 21
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: That made me laugh out loud! :laugh: :laugh:
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    pmsl, i love this post!

next he'll be after toad in the hole ;-)

What is Toad in the hole??? ... We're taking a trip over this coming winter, I can't wait to try the food ... everything accept Black pudding. lol!

Black Pudding..yum yum.......love it....
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I want everything that's been mentioned - except the black pud, sorry, I'm too much of a wuss. And that's despite liking haggis.
  • mandalina23
    Options
    I did it, I had one small sausage and a tiny helping of mash ... good thing I ate light today! ... And he had THREE sausages lottsa ) mash and cleaned his plate!!! YAY! :)
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,814 Member
    Options
    You have to make your own yorkshire pudding, it's the best.

Yorkshire puddings are the best. Savory with a roast or just cold with jam!!

The same batter is used for toad in the hole!

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/party-food/accompaniment/yorkshire-pudding.html
    I haven't used this recipe but Delia is the goddess of Traditional Cooking. She's been a TV cook for donkeys years!!
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,814 Member
    Options
    I did it, I had one small sausage and a tiny helping of mash ... good thing I ate light today! ... And he had THREE sausages lottsa ) mash and cleaned his plate!!! YAY! :)

Glad he enjoyed it!
    When I lived aboard it was always the small things I missed especially my favourite food!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: That made me laugh out loud! :laugh: :laugh:

Me too, Damn it I can almost smell the doughnuts :grumble:
  • kandy80cat
    Options
    i have made toad in the hole for tea tonight, with mash veg and gravy !!!! yummy
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    When you come to the UK, have a trip to the Seaside and get some fish and chips too! yummm!
    Wrapped in newspaper!

I'm off to stay with my folks tomorrow, they live in Deal, Kent - it's a lovely walk along the front :)

The front of what I hear our American friends shout?? lol
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    When you come to the UK, have a trip to the Seaside and get some fish and chips too! yummm!

Oh yes! That's a must-do! You must also try some hot donuts at the seaside too. Yummy scrummy!
    Especially when they are still hot and a bit greasy!

OMG I want them NOW.
  • 008Lizzy
    008Lizzy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i have made toad in the hole for tea tonight, with mash veg and gravy !!!! yummy

Awwww YUM! :love: REAL comfort food!
  • kimzxx
    Options
    Wow - all this talk of yummy food - my tummy is rumbling!!

Ok now I'm missing the seaside I think a trip is a must for me soon.... minus the chips and donuts!!!!!
  • mandalina23
    Options
    He is from Blackpool, so that's what I'll see most of but he says he wants to take me to a few different places as a tourist since I've never been... but he said to make sure to try NOT to look like a tourist! hahaha ... I think I may try a different dish each week. So this may be a weekly thread!
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    We found a recipe in The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook for bangers that taste like proper English bangers, and to make them healthier we use turkey burger for the regular hamburger and use 90% lean ground pork. DH really liked them. PM me if you'd like the recipe. Yorkshire pudding is delicious homemade, with gravy. We're going to visit the ILs in Ssptember and DH has already put in his requests for proper bacon sannies, frozen Toad in the Hole, mushy peas, Kronnenburg 1664s, and orange squash. LOL!
  • kimzxx
    Options
    He is from Blackpool, so that's what I'll see most of but he says he wants to take me to a few different places as a tourist since I've never been... but he said to make sure to try NOT to look like a tourist! hahaha ... I think I may try a different dish each week. So this may be a weekly thread!

I have only been to Blackpool once and that was a 'flying visit'. I have heard it is a good night out though - or should I say weekend - very popular for hen / stag nights!
  • mandalina23
    Options

I have only been to Blackpool once and that was a 'flying visit'. I have heard it is a good night out though - or should I say weekend - very popular for hen / stag nights!

And because of him I know exactly what you mean by hen/stag nights :drinker: :drinker: :glasses: :laugh:
  • kimzxx
    Options

And because of him I know exactly what you mean by hen/stag nights :drinker: :drinker: :glasses: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: Excactly! lol
  • Jaynequ
    Options
    that doesn't look bad, but I don't know if they sell that batter her

If you don't know how to make it use a packof pancake mix.