thighs thighs

Options
I was wondering what excerise can i do to were I can lose some fat in my thighs?

Replies

• staceybyerly
    Options
    Hard spot to lose, but I'd suggest running, run/walk intervals, lunges, squats, cardio...
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    Ohhhhh me too :)
  • mycrazyturtles
    Options
    Get some stretch bands they are great.
  • Jodie_Wilson9
    Options
    Cardio, cardio, cardio, and more cardio. Throw in some lower body exercise every other day or so. Also, tweak your diet, of course. Look for more lean protein from chicken or fish, and look for fiber and healthy carbs in fruits and veggies. Depending on your schedule and how much time you have to get slimmed down, shoot for 3-5 days of cardio a week. Try walking a couple of minutes and then running for one. Do that for about half an hour or 45 minutes. This is going to be subjective, as well, based on your current fitness level. Swimming is a great total body cardio workout. There are options for getting the cardio. Then check out some lower body exercises to start building some muscle down there to start showing through when the cardio does it's job of melting your fat away. I know this isn't hardcore thorough, but I hope it's a little helpful as far as providing you with some ideas or tips. There are tons of threads and other websites that have great sample workouts and more and better advice on eating healthier for weight loss. Best of luck to you!
  • hippo_hips
    hippo_hips Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    leg press, leg extension, leg curl, hip adduction and hip abduction.
    every gym should have all of these machines!
    my personal trainer has me do these 3 times/week and I'm on the third week and i seriously have already noticed a difference.
  • hotmooglelove
    Options
    Where fat comes from and goes to is hormonal and genetic. A thigh master will simply make your thighs thicker as it builds muscle =)

Cardio is your best bet
  • hippo_hips
    hippo_hips Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    p.s. you should be able to do your body weight on the leg press machine.
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    lunges, leg lifts with 5-pound ankle weights.
    Your body weight on the leg press? When I was in shape I used to press almost twice my weight. :bigsmile:

I've read some female body builders and fitness competitors who say to concentrate on cardio and not do too much leg work until you're down to 24". I don't know about that - I've never really followed that rule. The leg lifts worked wonders.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I agree you can't spot reduce but running worked wonders for my thighs I lost many inches the first 5 weeks I did couch to 5k. Now I do p90x and all the squats and lunges are toning me up nicely. My butt has even lifted up a few inches.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Cardio!!

(I do a Jillian Michaels DVD called No MoreTrouble Zones... in it she says you cannot spot train fat, you can only build the muscle underneath it, to loose the fat you have to burn calories, to burn calories you have to bring up your heart rate, that's why we do cardio. -- not an exact quote, but probably pretty close! :-)
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    I agree you can't spot reduce but running worked wonders for my thighs I lost many inches the first 5 weeks I did couch to 5k. Now I do p90x and all the squats and lunges are toning me up nicely. My butt has even lifted up a few inches.

I LOVE the butt lifting - don't you? My hubby likes to come up and just cup it. :bigsmile:
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options

I LOVE the butt lifting - don't you? My hubby likes to come up and just cup it. :bigsmile:

sounds like my husband :) hahah thank you so much!
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    ankle weights? are those really good to wear?
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    thank you everyone :) more cardio I see! Its just I always had problem with thighs i lose weight but my weights gets REALLY tiny and then my hips and butt so i just wanna make them slimmer!
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as spot reduction. Any, and all exercises will help you lose fat on your thighs, It just may be the last place you lose it. It all depends on how your body loses. Squats, lunges, Deadlifts, leg presses, leg curls, and leg extensions are good exercises for building muscle on your thighs to make them look better, once the fat is gone, though.
  • hotmooglelove
    Options
    thank you everyone :) more cardio I see! Its just I always had problem with thighs i lose weight but my weights gets REALLY tiny and then my hips and butt so i just wanna make them slimmer!

If you find that your waist gets tiny long before your hips/butt you should start measuring your WHR. People with that body type tend to be healthiest at very unusual BMI numbers, which makes it difficult to know when to stop or start dieting. In women, a WHR of 70:100 is ideal for longevity.
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    kinda scary i just looked up my WHR...by my waiste and hip inches scary told me i could have risk of coronary heart disease, diabetes and stroke. thanks for letting me know about the WHR thing :)
  • elfie9863
    Options
    leg press, leg extension, leg curl, hip adduction and hip abduction.
    every gym should have all of these machines!
    my personal trainer has me do these 3 times/week and I'm on the third week and i seriously have already noticed a difference.

Just curious...I started all these at the beginning of the month...do you do 3 sets of 12?
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    do you feel comfortable doing the leg curl?? at gym!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Walk up and down hills. I hike a lot, and my thighs were the first thing I started getting compliments on. I tend to do 30 minutes uphill and then 30 minutes back down, two or three times a week. Also, squats and lunges. So many squats and lunges...