Hello all !!

Options
Only been on here for a couple weeks .. if anyone would like to add me as a friend please do so .. wouldn't mind getting help with staying on track and helping others as well.... I am from Arkansas :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Tarable777
    Options
    I don't know how to add people, but feel free to add me. I would like to have someone else see my progress and be able to see theirs. It might kick my butt a little better.
  • oliveoil87
    oliveoil87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    wlc!! I sent you a request! ;-)
  • mariea1171
    mariea1171 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone! I'm Maria. I love this site so far. I'm struggling with keeping my carb intake low it seems everything has carbs and I do mean everything. Trying to get my triglyceride and cholesterol levels lower as per dr's orders and also because I want to be a healthier version of me. Anyone have any suggestions breakfast, lunch, snacks or dinner. I'm also having a hard time trying to eat all my calories. If I exercise I have to eat more *(which I never had a problem with before)* but now I don't know what to eat. Tonight I'm having pizza way over my carb intake I know but I am also going for a brisk 40 min walk after it and doing arm and leg and ab exercises when. I am really super psyched about this but I'm so confused about the carbs. I dont want to do Atkins because I really don't think it's healthy. Any information is so greatly appreciated. I'm going to be 40 this november and I want it to be my fittest birthday ever. Please feel free to add me. I'm a great listener and happy to help anyone with any tips I might know and as much motivation as we can muster. Best wishes for a healthier us for 2011!:happy:
  • superninjatam
    superninjatam Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't really get the carb thing? I mean, I tend to avoid bread and pasta but only really because of the calorific content. Whether its carbs, proteins or fat, a calorie is a calorie is it not? And isn't the goal to eat less calories, burn more calories to lose weight? So why this obsession with low-carb?

I don't know too much about this so i'd appreciate some clarity
  • mariea1171
    mariea1171 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You and me both! HI! I'm so confused with the good carbs bad carbs no carbs lower carbs. It's frustrating.:ohwell:
  • mamacath
    Options
    I don't do a high carb diet .. I tend to stick to no to low carbs .. I dont eat bread or potatoes , pasta or beans .. they are high in calories and starches ..I also try to avoid sugar .. I have been doing very low carb eating mainly meats , veggies , cheeses & eggs ... I found very creative ways to make dinners without having just a meat and salad for the most part .... I try to get some fruits , mainly berries in there somewhere as well .. I have lost 28 pounds doing this since july ... it is just what worked for me .. I did at one point got stuck and nothing being lost so switched to a low calorie diet and that worked too .. right now I am just trying to find the best combination for me and keeping track of my food has been showing me I can have more than just meat & veggies .. I really dont understand what a good or bad carb is either .. trying to stick to my food goal and enjoy some other things ... I do at least 45 to 60 minutes of zumba at least 4 days a week .. I also own a house cleaning business and that in itself is a workout ... along with some crunches before bed and first thing the the morning ..
  • mandydanyele
    Options
    I will add you :) I am also new and I could use all the fitness pals that I can get!