Trying to kick the habit

Options
The diet soda habit, that is! I told myself that when I started to shed a few pounds that diet soda was the one treat I was gonna keep for myself, even though I know it's not any healthier than regular soda. But I realize that diet soda might be hindering my efforts. So, I'm gonna do an experiment and not drink any for a couple of weeks to see if it helps with loss. I also saw a report the other day that people who drink a lot of diet soda, which I do, will constantly crave sugar. And while I don't always crave sugar, I think it's time to let it go. So, when my last can is gone (I go through a 12 pack a week), I'm not gonna buy any more! I'm dreading it, so I'm here asking for caffeine alternatives. What do you drink? Do you think a cup of hot green tea with a teaspoon of Splenda will help? That has to be healthier than diet soda. I am drinking a lot more water these days, so I think that'll help. I'm not sure what I'll do if we go out for dinner, as I can't stand unsweetened tea. I could stick with just water, and I think that's gonna be hard at first. Thoughts? Suggestions? Any help is appreciated!

Replies

• cassidystreasures
    Options
    you can do tea or coffee for caffine and both can be iced :) My grandma use to do instant coffee iced
  • mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    For the Caffeine, I either drink some coffee, or I do love flavored teas. My favorite caffinated tea at the moment is by lipton and its like caramel truffle or something like that. One sweet and low and a little dash of milk and its heaven for a moment, lol.
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Water yes, I'd maybe get some of the single crystal light packs, if your really, super craving a soda, shake up that, and it'll at least not be "water"...

When I first started I was drinking ( realisticly) at least a gallon a day of mountain dew, I cut it out, but to replace the caffiene because the headaches were awful... I switched to one can of rockstar recovery energy drink, now available in three non carbonated and sugar free flavors: lemonade (my fave), orange, and grape.

But anyway, when I cut out the carbonation, I dropped a good 20 pounds pretty quick. Especially since I was drinking more water to flush out all the nasty...
  • Diesel66
    Diesel66 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The green tea will really help. Stay the course and pretty soon the soda will taste really bad and you won't miss it!!
  • aprilmssmith
    aprilmssmith Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I keep pitchers of sugar-free koolaid in the fridge and the little to-go packets of crystal light in my purse to add to water when I go out. If I don't have something at the ready I WILL get a soda.Crystal light has a couple of flavors that have caffeine in them. Strawberry is one of them I know b/c I have to hunt to find strawberry w/o caffeine. The Great Value brand has some flavors I like that Crystal light doesn't make.
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I like iced gree tea with a lemon wedge, or lemon juice. I'm also a fan of the aquafina flavoured waters :)
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    I drink 4-6 liters of water a day. There's not too much room for soda after that!
  • jmanthei98
    jmanthei98 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I drink 4-6 liters of water a day. There's not too much room for soda after that!

I'd imagine not!!! LOL
  • jmanthei98
    jmanthei98 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, everyone, for the help! I have hot green tea here, and I do use the Crystal Light packs occasionally, but they aren't cheap! I love the green tea with raspberry. So, maybe I take the money spent on soda and use it for more Crystal Light! :-D