Chocolate and Peanut Butter

Options
I'm addicted to chocolate and peanut butter melted in the microwave for a snack. What can I use to get the same taste with fewer calories? Also, whats the best low calorie recipe you've had for brownies. Chocolate is my one vice and I won't give it up. Thoughts?! :)

Replies

• trigrrl
    trigrrl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i am a huge chocolate ( bar / truffle/ cake ) fan and my daily treat is a either a weight watchers fudge bar or a skinny cow one...110-100 cal and so yummy....works well with me
  • loseit4good52
    Options
    I'm addicted to chocolate and peanut butter melted in the microwave for a snack. What can I use to get the same taste with fewer calories? Also, whats the best low calorie recipe you've had for brownies. Chocolate is my one vice and I won't give it up. Thoughts?! :)

Chocolate Crunch Rice Cake with 1 T. Smooth Peanut Butter spread on it...its sooooo good and the rice cake is VERY Chocolatey! Low in calories too!
  • Judyhoo
    Options
    For the brownies, try a black bean brownie recipe. Yes, black bean brownies! Just google it and you will find some great recipes for this.
  • peimomof2
    peimomof2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great ideas. I have an awful weakness for chocolate! Will never give it up either. :)
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    The Vitalicious Vitatop Deep Chocolate Muffin microwaved to warm it up and spread a little peanut butter on top. Tastes like a Reese's Cup. Very good. The muffin top is 100 calories and then use only a smudge of pb...

There is a brownie mix that is low fat. I think it is called Pudge Brownie Mix, not sure. You can get it at some groceries, Trader Joe's... Google it! They taste good but are lower in calories, fat, etc.
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Deep Chocolate Vitatop Muffin warmed in the microwave with a TBSP of peanut butter on top! Or you can always use a square of 70% and above dark chocolate with a TBSP of peanut butter.
  • annastasia76
    annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I envy anybody who can eat just a little bit of chocolate at a time. If I have one piece then I end up eating it all. I have to keep it out of the house.
  • darwintheboxer
    Options
    Hmm, small pieces of dark chocolate are a regular part of my diet. I like Lindt Excellence and Ghirardelli. But recently I have been getting a chocolate/peanut butter fix by having a deep chocolate vitatop (100 cals) with a half tablespoon of crunchy natural peanut butter (50 cals) smeared on top. I wasn't impressed with the vitatop alone, but with a little peanut butter it is delicious.

LOL, I see that I am not alone!
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Shakeology with a tbsp of peanut butter. It's amazing. And full of nutrients. No guilt whatsoever.
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    For brownies - http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/dark_fudgy_brownies.html

they are 86 calories each, and are made with dark chocolate, making them rich (in a cocoa-y way, not milk chocolate way) a small piece definitely satisfies the sweet tooth!
  • _Lisa_
    _Lisa_ Posts: 61
    Options
    These are yummy brownies 90 cal and 4 grams of fat per serving

http://www.canadianliving.com/food/lean_but_luscious_chocolate_brownies.php
  • ❤B☩❤
    Options
    BUMP for later!

OK, now that I found the info for you, I will finish this reply. I found Heaven in a Jar!! Peanut Butter & Co - Dark Chocolate Dreams. It is Chocolate Peanut Butter and it is wonderful!! I find mine at WalMart and they even have one serving packets that you can take with you ANYWHERE. It tastes yummy on Triscuits crackers, celery, toast, bagels, scooped out with your finger....!

Try it and I think you will find that it can be YOUR Heaven in a Jar!! Good luck, and enjoy! :drinker:
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later!

OK, now that I found the info for you, I will finish this reply. I found Heaven in a Jar!! Peanut Butter & Co - Dark Chocolate Dreams. It is Chocolate Peanut Butter and it is wonderful!! I find mine at WalMart and they even have one serving packets that you can take with you ANYWHERE. It tastes yummy on Triscuits crackers, celery, toast, bagels, scooped out with your finger....!

Try it and I think you will find that it can be YOUR Heaven in a Jar!! Good luck, and enjoy! :drinker:

I love the White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter!!
  • cdino
    cdino Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    LOVE Chocolate dreams! Never saw the single serving packets though...I am going to have to look for those! The best thing is that it is all natural! And totally YUMMY!
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Pie

Treat yourself to a light version of peanut butter pie. It tastes like eating a peanut butter and chocolate candy bar, but has only 8.2 grams of fat.

Yield: 20 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)

Ingredients
    1 cup powdered sugar
    1 (8-ounce) block light cream cheese, softened(can use fat free cream cheese also)
    1 cup natural-style, reduced-fat creamy peanut butter (such as Smucker's)
    1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
    1 12-ounce tub frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
    2 9-inch ready-made reduced-fat graham cracker shells
    4 teaspoons fat-free chocolate sundae syrup
    Preparation
    Combine the first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add the condensed milk, and beat until combined. Stir in the whipped topping. Divide the mixture evenly between shells; chill 8 hours or until set (pies will have a soft, fluffy texture). Cut into wedges, and drizzle with chocolate syrup.

Note: We loved this pie frozen--its texture is more like that of an ice-cream pie.

Nutritional Information

Calories:
    264 (28% from fat)
    Fat:
    8.2g (sat 1.8g,mono 2.2g,poly 1.3g)
    Protein:
    7.3g
    Carbohydrate:
    40.3g
    Fiber:
    0.8g
    Cholesterol:
    5mg
    Iron:
    0.6mg
    Sodium:
    213mg
    Calcium:
    69mg
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Ooey-Gooey Peanut Butter-Chocolate Brownies

Yield: 2 dozen (serving size: 1 brownie)

Ingredients
    3/4 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk, divided
    1/4 cup butter or stick margarine, melted and cooled
    1/4 cup fat-free milk
    1 (18.25-ounce) package devil's food cake mix
    1 large egg white, lightly beaten
    Cooking spray
    1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme (about 1 3/4 cups)
    1/2 cup peanut butter morsels
    Preparation
    Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine 1/4 cup condensed milk, butter, and next 3 ingredients (butter through egg white) in a bowl (batter will be very stiff). Coat bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Press two-thirds of batter into prepared pan using floured hands; pat evenly (layer will be thin).

Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Combine 1/2 cup condensed milk and marshmallow creme in a bowl; stir in morsels. Spread marshmallow mixture evenly over brownie layer. Carefully drop remaining batter by spoonfuls over marshmallow mixture. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.

Nutritional Information

Calories:
    176 (25% from fat)
    Fat:
    5g (sat 2.1g,mono 1.6g,poly 1.1g)
    Protein:
    2.6g
    Carbohydrate:
    29.9g
    Fiber:
    0.8g
    Cholesterol:
    6mg
    Iron:
    0.8mg
    Sodium:
    212mg
    Calcium:
    30mg
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Brownies

Yield: 16 servings (serving size: 1 brownie)

Ingredients
    Cooking spray
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 cup semisweet chocolate minichips
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
    1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 large egg
    1 large egg white
    Preparation
    Preheat oven to 350°.

Coat bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray (do not coat sides of pan).

Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, chocolate chips, soda, and salt in a bowl.

Combine sugars and remaining ingredients in a bowl; stir until well-blended. Add flour mixture, stirring just until blended. Spread batter in bottom of prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool on a wire rack.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    125 (30% from fat)
    Fat:
    4.2g (sat 1.1g,mono 1.7g,poly 1.1g)
    Protein:
    2.7g
    Carbohydrate:
    19.8g
    Fiber:
    0.5g
    Cholesterol:
    14mg
    Iron:
    0.6mg
    Sodium:
    66mg
    Calcium:
    7mg
  • TwilaG
    TwilaG Posts: 134
    Options
    All these recipes sound wonderful!
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Ok, this may not sound too exciting, but my latest way to soothe the chocolate craving is pepperidge farm chocolate Graham cracker goldfish dipped in all natural peanut butter. It's really good!
  • _Lisa_
    _Lisa_ Posts: 61
    Options
    Carnation "light" hot chocolate...... 45cal per mug. I'll also add 1/2 tsp of mint or coconut extract for a little extra flavor sometimes.