Any good low fat/cholesterol pizza recipes?

Options
uk_angeldust
uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
Hi all,

I am REALLY craving a pizza but of course I have to be good and eat healthy! Does anyone know any really tasty low fat pizza recipes?

Many thanks is advance!

Fat Fighter
xx

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I love making pizzas on the flatout flatbreads. Not sure if you can get those there, but you can use something similar. Take any wrap, put it in the oven @ 375 for about 5-7 min, it will crisp up. Add the toppings then throw it back in for a few, till the cheese is melted..super yummy!
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i have been using low fat, high fiber english muffins for the crusts and laughing cow cheese for the cheese with a ton of veggies and tomato sauce.. its low cal, high protien, fiber and delicious
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Baboli brea ( or any healthy precooked pizza crust )
    thin layer of olive oil over the crust
    instead of pizza sauce use sliced tomatoes

top with any veggies of your choice. I like to keep it simple and add fresh basil and a little garlic. I top with fresh parmasean.

yummmyyy :)
  • sharonuk10
    Options
    Here is my pizza recipe for 1 individual pizza.

1 Discover wholemeal Tortilla (ones that are sold with the mexican stuff, if you get the ones at Sainsburys by the bread they are higher calories for some reason)

Sainsburys pizza topping
    onion
    green pepper
    mushroom and
    50grams of mozzarella cheese

Cook gas mark 6 for about 20-25 mins depending on how much you like the cheese melted. Me I like to see some brown and black bits on the cheese LOL

Of course you can tweak this to the amounts you want to use etc for more or less cals. I have this 2 times a week.
  • uk_angeldust
    Options
    u guys are AWESOME!!!! thank you soooo much!!!
    xx
  • aspeck23
    Options
    Not a quick recipe, but good if you have the time. http://mealsandmiles.com/2008/11/11/whole-wheat-sweet-potato-pizza-dough/
  • gonnabeHOT_Heidi
    gonnabeHOT_Heidi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am REALLY craving a pizza but of course I have to be good and eat healthy! Does anyone know any really tasty low fat pizza recipes?

Many thanks is advance!

Fat Fighter
    xx

I do the same, very good! I have made BBQ Chicken Pizza, BLT Pizza and Turkey Pepperoni, Ham, the options are unlimited!! Even TACO! YUM!!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I make a pizza dough from a recipe I found at allrecipes.com with cornmeal in it. I add two tsp. garlic. Any more than that will kill the yeast too early. I go very thin on the sauce out of habit(used to work in a pizza joint) and this makes a 14 in. pizza that just fits on the stone. Low-fat skim mozzarella and several meats to make it filling. I don't know the calories per slice but I was eating two slices(one fourth) of this pie for a meal and was dropping two pounds a week. Mostly due to fasted cardio every morning once I was running more than 4 miles a day at a 5.5 mph pace. So I guess the key is burn the fat in the morning so you can eat a little more during the day. If you want the dough and sauce recipes just email me on here.
  • uk_angeldust
    Options
    ty! :)
  • WhiteStar2351
    Options
    It's not quite pizza but instead of using a bread base, just make a thick omelette and then load it up with usual toppings! High Protein, Moderate Fat and Low carb - perfect!
  • sandygirl29
    Options
    I also use the flatout flat breads for pizza, great alternative than the other pizza that packs on the lbs.
    I lost 17 lbs in 6 wks.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I know it's not specifically what you asked for... but I usually get the weight watchers veggie/pepperoni pizza once a week or so. (Saturday night is pizza night, everyone else gets Domino's and I didn't want to be left out! Lol) It's 500ish cals for the whole pizza and tastes pretty good. It fills my pizza craving any way and is quick and easy!

Although saying that, I will probably try some of these pizza ideas, am trying to 'clean' my diet up!
  • cdino
    cdino Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like to use the Flat Out breads, Whole wheat English Muffins but my favorite lately is to use Thomas' mini bagels...Topped with Turkey Pepperoni even my kids love them!