C-Sections and extra "pooch"/Flab/WHATEVER

Options
I have found jumping jacks and jumping rope EXTREMELY irritating due to this extra pooch hanging around my mid-section. It bounces and flops...and is all around disgusting! Of course, I'm working to try to get rid of it...but until that happens is there any way to contain it?! Nothing I do seems to help, and it's causing me pain(and no it's not a good kind of pain from crunches or anything like that).

If it matters, I'm 16 months out from a C-section. Everything healed amazingly and in record time.

Replies

• ammccarter
    Options
    What about one of those things you can wrap around your stomach when you exercise? I think they have them at wal-mart.

As a fellow c/s momma, I feel your pain!!! It sucks, and I worry that it won't go away even with the weight loss...:grumble:
  • SunshineRowe
    Options
    yoga paints have that extra layer of material at the top and give a lot more support around the belly
    you might can find a well made pair and that should help a bit
  • gennybunny
    Options
    Try wearing support hose. spanx...whatever. Something that will kind of hold you in. I have quite a belly after my daughter was born and I just wear yoga pants that fold down on the top and it seems to hold me in. Hope that helps..
  • caribeals
    caribeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i had 2 c-sections, and have that annoying pouch too. i actually use good 'ol fashioned granny panties when i work out! lol they make a heavier weight, kind of satiny material panties at walmart. :flowerforyou: it seems to help
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 C-sections...a while ago mind you, but I still have the "pooch" and am trying my hardest to get rid of it. My first was an emergency so I have the lovely vertical cut from belly button to panty line :ohwell: A friend who just had a C-section a few months ago wears snug fitting spandex-y shorts and pulls them up high enough to cover her incision/scar. It seems to work well for her.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I have it too!!! I hate it, but it only bothers when jumping, running isn't to bad. It's deflating as I'm losing, but it hasn't gone away yet. Hoping to hit goal and treat myself to a tummy tuck!!!! Good luck mamas!!
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    What about one of those things you can wrap around your stomach when you exercise? I think they have them at wal-mart.

As a fellow c/s momma, I feel your pain!!! It sucks, and I worry that it won't go away even with the weight loss...:grumble:

this totally works, walmart or any sports store - my friend used one when we ran, she said it made ALL the dif in the world
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    2 c-sections here too. I also flop around a bit when working out. Same suggestions as above, belly belt, spanx, etc. I also find sometimes you just have to turn it down a notch. If it hurts, slow down. I Figure it's not gonna help you stretching the area out by doing a bunch of jumping jacks without support. Just play it by ear and modify what you need to as you go along. Good luck!
  • bellaillusion
    Options
    I found that a sweat belt helps alot and also is good for slimming your tummy. You can get them at any store in the fitness department.:smile:
  • amberleemoore
    amberleemoore Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have also had 2 c-sections and have that same ANNOYING pooch!! I also find it painful when doing jumping jacks and such. I was thinking about trying one of those bands that go around your stomach....
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

I've had two C-sections, the last was 10 months ago and I had a pretty good pouch too. I'm almost to my goal weight and although there is still a bit of a bump, it is barely noticeable and I didn't give it a second thought wearing a bikini a couple of weeks ago in Mexico! :glasses:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I wear the sweat belt and I also have two pair of shorts made out of the same material. I never feel my tummy jiggle.
  • kladams1
    Options
    So I have the same pouch from the c-section , but thank god it is finally going down!!!! I started walking, I am running now but it almost gone! When I lay flat on my back it is barely there. I still have a long way to go before it is gone. I wore long shirts and tight undershirts to hold it in. I would tuck the undershirt in my pants.
  • prencesskl
    Options
    I have it too. I am only 7 months out, but also healed excellently and very fast. I use the support thing that I had when I was pregnant. They sell it at Target and babiesrus that I know of. I wore it before I gave birth, because I didn't show until 7.5 months then just popped overnight and was in so much pain from muscles stretching etc, and the dr told me to wear it for 6 weeks postpartum to help the stomach go back quicker. It worked pretty well actually, and now I wear it when I work out so what is there doesn't bother me.
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    2 c-sections here too. I also flop around a bit when working out. Same suggestions as above, belly belt, spanx, etc. I also find sometimes you just have to turn it down a notch. If it hurts, slow down. I Figure it's not gonna help you stretching the area out by doing a bunch of jumping jacks without support. Just play it by ear and modify what you need to as you go along. Good luck!

Yeah, I've been slowing down, and modifying jumping jacks(is that even legal?!?!) I think I'm going to have to look into this sweat band that everyone is talking about....
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    3 c-sections here. I also have an overlay of flab. :frown: