whey

Options
What is whey used for? I see a lot of people eating it for breakfast.

Replies

• MrX8503
    Options
    I use it for drinking as a protein shake. You can use it in cooking, but I don't use it that way personally.

Whey is a byproduct of milk during the processing of cheese.
  • rosnnj
    rosnnj Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My trainer told me to have it for breakfast ( since I'm not crazy about breakfast and I kept eating too much bacon). It is protein and it is suppose to help rebuild your muscles after working out and it does something else but I'm having a brain freeze. I take it because it curbs my appetite a bit so I don't start on this eating frenzy.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Whey is a type of protein. It's a dairy derivative. It's a popular type of protein used for protein powder since whey is the fastest absorbed protein by the muscles. So it's popular as a post workout protein since it helps your body start building and repairing the muscles as quickly as possible.
  • lawdhelpme2
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I use it in making chocolate yogurt that looks and tastes more like pudding. here is the recipe for you.

CHOCOLATE YOGURT

½ cup - - Oikos - Organic Greek Yogurt - Plain 0% Fat
    ½ tsp - - McCormick's - Pure Vanilla Extract
    1 tsp - - Hershey - Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
    6 tsp - - Great Value - No Calorie Sweetener (Loose -- Not In Individual Packets)
    1 scoop -- Jillian Michaels - Natural Whey Protein Triple Chocolate Shake
    1 to 2 oz – water

Mix all together adding water as you go. It should be the consistency of pudding.

Per Serving: 181 calories, 16 g carbs, 3 g fat. 28 g protein, 9 g sugar, 5 g fiber
  • lawdhelpme2
    Options
    Thanks for the receipe.
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    whey is more for after workouts because it breaks down quicker and hits the muscles quicker while isolate protein is a slower digesting protein so i mean preferably if you can isolate during the day is what i heard is better to do and whey after workouts but i mean protein still goes to your system so theyres no use buying two body fortress whey at walmart is 15 bucks a 2lb tub pretty good deal for whey its alrght tasting but you save about the 2/3rd of the price as you would at gnc