Good snacks to keep in my locker at work?

Options
We're not allowed to keep anything in the fridge for more than a day, so I'm looking for something in a box that I can keep in my locker when I get the muchies on my breaks. I used to keep Wheat Thins or Nilla Wafers but those are probably not the best.

Also please include brands, I'm still learning to shop on a diet and haven't heard of half the things people post here! :)

Replies

• AmeMahoney
    Options
    I take whatever I want in a small insulated lunchbox. Just add a few ice packs, and your food stays good all day. If there's a refrigerator available, I put my lunchbox in it (that way no one gets nosy), and take it home at the end of the day.
  • akapel
    akapel Posts: 10
    Options
    Raw almonds. Any brand. A handful curbs my appetite every time.
  • katieseitz
    Options
    A lunch box with ice packs is fine for my daily lunch, but I'm looking for something more for unplanned snacking. Something more like I can leave it in there for a month and only pull the box out every 3 days or so. You know, pantry food!
  • eleonoreOU
    eleonoreOU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The Fiber One bars are good, healthy and filling.
    Fruit
    Definitely almonds...
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I keep pria bars and nutrigrain bars in the closet in my classroom. 100 calorie packs are great too. I like the cheez its...
  • MsImperfect0
    MsImperfect0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    special K bars
    Kashi bars
    maybe a bag of 100cal popcorn?
    nuts
    fruit cup?
  • katieseitz
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'm making a grocery list now :)
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I keep 1/2 cup of mixed nuts and dried fruits - 1/4 in the morning and 1/4 in the afternoon - I also keep clementines and I'm rarely hungry...
  • strivingfor130
    strivingfor130 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Protein/granola bars, cereal to snack on (no milk of course), nuts or trail mix, dried fruit, single serving fruit or applesauce cups (they dont have to be refrigerated), popcorn (if you have a microwave available), and you can probably have apples, oranges, etc in there as long as you eat them within a few days or so
  • candik
    candik Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    quacker granolas!!! love them 100 cal
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My absolute 3 favorite snack/quick things are 1-nature valley chocolate granola bars, so yummy and only 200 cals for both the bars in the pkg, and they are filling 2- christie thisations ritz crakers in the 100 calorie pkg's, they come in a box of 6 and each pkg is 100 cals, and 3 - same brand in chips o'hoy cookies 100 cal pkg's in a 6 pack box
  • PrincessNeali
    Options
    Wasa crisp bread
  • jlbryant2
    jlbryant2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I keep planters south beach nut-trition mixed nuts and a jar of peanut butter in my drawer at work. Its a great snack and is allowable on the south beach. I also like that it is very filling so im not hungrier later.
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I've become a big fan of Hanover Pretzel Snaps. They're crunchy (which I like) and a little salty (ditto) -- and a serving of 24 (more than a handful) is 120 calories and 1 g of fat. Tasty and really satisfying for me. Good luck!
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Mixed nuts, or any nuts, wheat thins or triskets, and the individual fruit in little containers...there is mixed fruit, peaches, manderins, pineapple- they are like canned fruit, but they are in plastic individual containers. I also have a container or peanut butter in my locker....pretzles.
  • marcial9s
    Options
    First, all the nuts and fruits and good-for-you stuff is the way to go most of the time, but If you like potato chips, a good alternative is the Special K cracker chips. (Kelloggs). They are super yummy and you get a big pile of them for only 110 cals, great if you want something crunchy and salty. They make a sour cream and onion flavor that's really delicious and satisfying.