I'm new too

Options
Hello,
My name is Mike.
I've always seen myself as being fairly "in shape". That is until 6 or 7 years ago when I realized that I couldn't climb up a set of stairs without being winded and then sore for 2 days. I was preparing to grow into another size, and I weighed much more than I was willing to admit to anyone. I looked in the mirror and saw a divorced, middle aged fat guy that was loosing his hair. I didn't care to much for him. So, knowing full well that my destiny is my responsibility, I started running. I set a goal to run a half marathon in a year, told everyone about it, and then looked up how to start running on the internet. I started paying attention to what kind of food I was eating. I'm still trying to figure out the eating part of my healthy lifestyle, so here I am. I've set some very big goals for this year (for me anyway). I'm planning to run my first marathon, a trail marathon, in May and then to commemorate the 50th anniversary of my birth, a 50k in November. So there, I've told you all. I hope you'll hold me accountable.

Replies

• aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    Best of luck to you! Feel free to add me as a friend for some added support.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Mike.
    I've always seen myself as being fairly "in shape". That is until 6 or 7 years ago when I realized that I couldn't climb up a set of stairs without being winded and then sore for 2 days. I was preparing to grow into another size, and I weighed much more than I was willing to admit to anyone. I looked in the mirror and saw a divorced, middle aged fat guy that was loosing his hair. I didn't care to much for him. So, knowing full well that my destiny is my responsibility, I started running. I set a goal to run a half marathon in a year, told everyone about it, and then looked up how to start running on the internet. I started paying attention to what kind of food I was eating. I'm still trying to figure out the eating part of my healthy lifestyle, so here I am. I've set some very big goals for this year (for me anyway). I'm planning to run my first marathon, a trail marathon, in May and then to commemorate the 50th anniversary of my birth, a 50k in November. So there, I've told you all. I hope you'll hold me accountable.
    I will.
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!!

Friend me if you wish!!!

It's a great place...lots of support, advice and pushing!

L.
  • cyndi101
    Options
    Love your enthusiasm...It is to be Commended!
    Add me as a friend....Please