Need Age 40+ MFP pals with 50+ Lbs to lose & Type2 Diabetic

Options
Hi All,

I am looking for additional MFP friends who are 40+ and have more than 50+ lbs to lose. I am interested in what all of you are doing to lose weight and understand how your success or current journey can help me and others.

I am also looking for people who are trying to work on losing weight who deal with Type 2 diabetes, Pre-Diabetes or other Insulin Resistant health issues.

I hope we can help each other. Send me a friend request if you are interested. Thank you :)

Replies

• alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I have been here about a month. I am 50 years old and need to lose around 80lbs. You can add me. I'm not diabetic though
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 45 yrs old from Kentucky and pre-diabetic. I need to lose about 30 lbs. I've been on here now for 10 days and the support is great. Be happy to be your friend and we can help motivate one another:)
  • JeepOnRock
    Options
    45 years old, on the way to losing 60 pounds... maybe more (22 pounds down), but no diabetes. Trying to keep it that way.
  • helenbeee
    helenbeee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    hello
    pre diabetic
    lost 14lbs so far
    need to lose quite a bit more approx 40lbs
    Goal: to blaze into my 50's slimmer, fitter and healthier than I was in my 40's so I have just over 3 years to achieve then Im going to enjoy the rest of my life!
    Revelations: been here 2 months and I run 20 minutes fast pace without stopping I have never ever thought I was a running person and would avoid it at all costs now I love it cant get enough of it.
  • helenbeee
    helenbeee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    youre doing great for your first month well done you keep up the good work ;)
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thank you for replying! That's incredible that you are running! I cant imagine running myself (yet). Thanks for the inspiration. :)
  • WomanofWorth
    WomanofWorth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am 45, not diabetic and working to keep it that way. I have endometriosis and some food sensitivies so I need to eliminate some foods from my diet. Basically, I cut out the foods that cause the most inflammation in the body: refined sugar and flour, dairy, gluten and soy. I eat clean the majority of the time, drink 1 cup of coffee and the rest of the day I drink tea or water, I eat fruits, veggies, fish and chicken. Red meat is limited to every 2 weeks.

Exercise is Leslie Sansone walking DVDs, kickboxing, zumba, belly dance, strength training with kettlebells, gliding with a body bar and jogging. I've lost 26 lbs so far and have another 60 to lose.
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Great activities!! Very varied! I'm doing the treadmill and elliptical mostly and hope to graduate in to additional exercise choice. Glad to have you as a bud!