Carb help

Options
So I seeing everone sayings stay away from carbs.Is there anyone out there who eats carbs and looses weight. How many a day do you eat? When I do eat carbs they come from whole grain breads, rice, and sometime pasta. I just wonder if I need to limit them to 150 or less a day. I usally eat 180.

Replies

• 81Kyra
    81Kyra Posts: 115
    Options
    I don't really pay much attention to carbs I usually eat about the amount MFP says too and I have lost weight I do try to eat more protein because I've been doing some weight training but i pay the most attention to just calories.
  • scheys76
    scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid carbs and I didn't the last time I was on here. I've lost 9 1/2 lbs so far this go around and lost about 25 lbs, maybe a little more last time. As long as you lean towards the carbs along the lines of what you are, you should be fine. You can also google good carbs and see if there are any in there that you would want to add. :bigsmile:
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I eat Carbs!! It's not healthy to stay away from them as your body needs them. They are in a lot of fruits/veggies and even in eggs so it's tough to cut them out. My tip, just stay away from white flour products if you can, eat whole grain instead. I don't pay attention to carbs but i never exceed them on here. I've lost an average of 2 lbs a week so far
  • beautymkt
    Options
    I am new to this however if you pay attention to what your target is for all your nutrients.....you should be fine! I agree that eating good carbs is safer as well. A good balanced meal is the best way to be healthy and lose weight. Our MFP goals tell you exactly how much of protein, carbs, fat, and calories etc to intake on a daily basis.

Good luck!:love:
  • ami789
    ami789 Posts: 47
    Options
    You dont need to restrict your carb intake. You just need to pay attention to the type of Carb your consuming.
    You should try to stick with Complex Carbs:

Veggies
    Whole grain bread
    Whole grain pasta
    Whole grain cereals
    Legumes

Carbs are a very important for energy. As long as you supply your body with good whole healthy foods you should be fine and still lose weight.
  • nursemom27
    nursemom27 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. Carbs essentially turn into sugar in the body, in which case your body releases insulin, which in turn increases fat (a very basic overview). However, carbs are the first thing burned for energy. So a carb rich snack right before intense exercise will actually be beneficial. To completley wipe carbs out of your diet isn't healthy either. So, it really depends on your body type and how active you are.

4639069.png
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    It was about two years ago, but I lost about 20 pounds eating a normal-carb high-protein diet.
    I'm not sure if it was the high protein or the 1200 net calories, but I still lost.
    Regardless, I was eating up to my limit (and often times over) my carb limit.