oily skin

Options
thecanface
thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
just recently my face has been so oily. it's usually combination to where i just get oily in the T-zone, and i never got pimples, i also drink my 8 glasses of water a day, but i my whole face is getting oily quickly throughout the day, and i got two pimples within this last week! i wash my face twice a day, and of course after working out. i have had been eating the same type of foods for almost two months, lots of veggies, etc.. but this just started so i don't think its my diet. could it be from the sweat since i've been exercising more often?? like extra oil be released throughout the day even though i wash my face??

Replies

• ldybugg
    ldybugg Posts: 134
    Options
    interested in any responses. ive been dealin with the same thing.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Hmmm it could be hormones. What are you washing your face with?
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    the face wash that always works best for me is neutrogena grapefruit scrub. its kept my skin absolutely clear for about over 6 months........until this week! urrrghh...
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    It might sound counter productive, but maybe try washing your face less or with something less harsh. I have read that sometimes when we over wash/scrub we can strip our skin of it's natural oils and it will start to produce more oil to try and make up for it. I have struggled with combination skin too and I used to actually rinse my face with a tiny bit of olive oil after my showers. I thought it would make me break out but it didn't at all. *shrug* It's worth a try.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Scrubs can also spread the bacteria from the break out to other areas of the skin causing more break outs. Make sure you are using an oil free moisturizer with an spf as well. Skin is always changing. Make sure you wash any make up off before working out as well.