AA Support.

Options
Hi, my name is Kandace and Im an Alcoholic. Its been 12 days since my last drink. I am working on Step 3 and I think I am pretty much there. Yesterday was my weigh in and I gained 2.5 pounds which was very frustrating becuase I have been doing everything right this past week. Last night was a huge test for my sobriety. I felt like there was no reason NOT to drink. Other than having to tell my groupmembers that I messed up again, I couldnt think of another reason. My husband was there to save me, and NOT allow me to drink. I was mad then, but thankful this morning.

Any thoughts?

Daily Reflections Feb 19th
"I cannot consider myself “different” in A.A.; if I do I isolate myself from others and from contact with my Higher Power. If I feel isolated in A.A., it is not something for which others are responsible. It is something I’ve created by feeling I’m “different” in some way. Today I practice being just another alcoholic in the worldwide Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous."

Replies

• KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I didnt realize how fitting todays refections were until after I posted it. Coincidence? I think not.
  • savvynurse
    Options
    Good luck on both your journeys!!! As for the weight gain... are you cycling up for your monthly? Everytime it's almost that time I gain anywhere from 3-5 lbs. And no it doesn't matter if I ate and exercised right all week... It just adds itself. Add me if you like
  • MmhmmStephanie
    Options
    First of all, congrats on your road to sobriety. That's amazing, and I know you can do it. It's a hard one, but it's definitely do-able. And you will persevere.

Secondly, my weight fluctuates sometimes if I drink too much water. Or if I need to make a bowel movement and I can't (which is most likely the opposite).

Just keep in mind that you ARE doing all the right steps in your road to recovery and weight loss, and eventually it will pay off.

Chin up! :)