I just want to cry!

jaycee76
jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been calorie watching now for over 2 years since having my little boy (I gained 70 lbs ) I lost 60 lbs, but for the last year have been unable to get into the last 10lbs. I gain and lose but never go under 143lbs.

I recently saw my Doctor because for the last 18 months I have been on cymbalta antidepressants. I am working out hard and averaging 1400 - 1500 calories a day and burning approx 2800 calories a week in exercise (but I always keep my net 1200 or over).

There is no reason at all that I should not lose that I can see , but I gained 3lb this month.

My Doc has taken bloods to check thyroid and other hormones, and if they are all ok then we know its the meds.

I have researched other meds to try, but what I want to know is, is there a way of me still losing weight while still on the meds at all?

I will try anything. My Doc said I need to go on maintanence level for now to see if I put on weight, but I AM NOT going to do that! If I gained after the hard work I put in over the last 6 weeks, then god knows what will happen.

Please please tell me there is a way of losing while on meds. (I have been told I will have to take meds for the rest of my life due to recurrent depression - I have a condition like bi polar but without mania) so coming off the meds is not an option!

I keep measuring my inches and nothing not so much as a MM goes. I cant stand this, its so heartbreaking.

Any one with any tips of how I can lose please please message me.

Thanks

Jaycee

Replies

• keep you chin up, it is so heartbreaking when you go through a lot to lose weight and nothing comes off, i am on lifetime meds fora under-active thryoid and today is the first time i have weighed myself in 3 weeks and lost 6lb, and this is the 1st weighloss in over 3 months of working hard so it will happen to you too.

feel free to add me as a friend
  • jaycee76
    Thank you. I know it sounds silly but I am hoping that my bloods come back with a problem, so that I atleast i have some reason to blame!

I love seeing everyone losing on here and it motivates me, but then I think when I am having a 'down day' I feel so angry that its like I am doing three times more than others and still gaining!
  • Been there with the depression, dreadful. You are working hard but you don't mention what you are eating.
    Are you eating enough, or the right stuff?
    I used to have awful side effects with medication so had to come off them.
    I'm not necessarily suggesting that for you, but medication can have huge side effects on different people, including water/ weight retention,
    Keep smiling, when you are in hell, keep going!
    Like the previous responder, feel free to add me as a buddy.
    Cheers
    Stephen
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Hey,
    It is extra difficult to lose the weight when taking some medications,they seem to encourage water retention in some cases.I know how you feel,I have to take prednisilone(steroid),like you for life.But it is possible to lose the weight,probably just a little more difficult than it would be ,should be normally,without the drugs. Dont give up hope,I was really struggling pre christmas,I had put weight on and was feeling so tired all the time,despite eating healthily and working out regularly.I tried changing my foods as I had got into a routine of eating the same stuff all the time and changed my workouts for the same reason.This seems to have had a positive effect and I am back losing again.So like I say,stay positive and dont go giving up.You will get there....:smile:
  • jaycee76
    Been there with the depression, dreadful. You are working hard but you don't mention what you are eating.
    Are you eating enough, or the right stuff?
    I used to have awful side effects with medication so had to come off them.
    I'm not necessarily suggesting that for you, but medication can have huge side effects on different people, including water/ weight retention,
    Keep smiling, when you are in hell, keep going!
    Like the previous responder, feel free to add me as a buddy.
    Cheers
    Stephen

I eat a reasonably varied diet. I am a bit of a picky eater so meat and fish are minimal - I have added a protien shake to my diet now as I was not hitting my protien at all.
    I can't cut carbs but I try to eat good carbs like potatos, brown rice and pasta. I do get the occasional chocolate or cake craving (which I never used to really) but I always keep them in my calorie allowance.
    I have my lifestyle set as sedate (which as a mum of 2 young ones I am not, but felt it gave me a little allowance) and to lose 1/2 lb per week so I can have 1420 calories - I have done 1200 and nothing happened which is why I increased - I did lose 2lb when I did this but then as normal gained it again!

I keep going through my diary for diet and exercise and checking thoroughly but the maths says I should be losing around 1lb a week.

I have researched the net but all I can find is people that struggle to lose because they have no motivation not because they are trying like me but nothing is happening!

Thanks for your help x
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    I will private message you xxx :o)
This discussion has been closed.