My SUMMERY weekend away! (PICS)-extra incentive to be health

Options
Hey guys! Only been on this site for a week and I love it! I've never had people who've been both supportive of me PLUS know how it feels to be overweight, so it's great to know you guys :)

SO in the weekend I went to Opononi (I live in New Zealand = Opononi is a beach about 3 and a half hrs drive from Auckland, where I live). My friend has a big batch right on the beachside and it was so beautiful there! I knew cause it was right by the beach that we'd be swimming. But cause of the weight I've put on in the last 6 months or so, my board shorts didnt fit (togs did but no thanks to bare legs.....at least for now!). It was really such a shame I couldn't swim. Everyone else did and i felt so left out sitting and watching them! Other than that it was such a great weekend, perfect weather, good friends, good food, good music!

On the food note I was SUPER proud of myself! We had fish & chips (typical NZ!) on the beach the first night and I just had a small hamburger and one small handful of chips. Then a cup of fruit salad the next morning :D.

Here are some quick snaps of the amazing view and my time!

2a8ngk6.jpg
The water and sand bar in the distance - massive dunes which are supposedly fun to zoom down on boogie boards! I was secretly hoping we wouldn't go over there (wasn't worth the $ for the boat trip anyway) cause I thought my weight would cause me to zoom down so fast and land somewhere between the sandbar and beach lol.

24qu07b.jpg
Beautiful view from the house! (this is a close up-there's a lot more of this!)

rlw22r.jpg
Fossicking for firewood for our amazing bonfire!

15fn1cj.jpg
The boys hard at work utilising wood as bonfire seats!

29x6lbt.jpg
I HEART NZ! One of the many people horseriding across the beach in front of the house

25krat4.jpg
My phone camera definitely doesn't do justice to the breathtaking sunset we saw!

2w6ia2a.jpg
Bonfire! :)

33mv9ue.jpg
67t6py.jpg
Shots of bonfire+sunset+calm water+people+amazingness!

53semx.jpg
Me & people, this unattractive angle will definitely be going up on my wall for inspiration lol!

2yn5ats.jpg
Toasting marshmellows!

2cy1j77.jpg
Group shot with the bonfire, (I'm wearing the blue dress & cream cardigan-eww hair!)

2a4y9mh.jpg
Another beauty of a day the next morning

Just incase you thought NZ was all about sheep, we have bonfires and beaches and sunsets and stuff :)

Replies

• lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    cant view any of the images - you need to change the to small letters like[img][/img]
  • rainonurparade3
    Options
    Done :)
  • jennyfoxx
    jennyfoxx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The pictures are beautiful..Thanks for sharing!! Would love to visit NZ one day with the kiddos!! Keep up the good work - you can do it!!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, lovely photo's. Good luck with the weight loss and skimming down that sand dune.
  • T_William
    T_William Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    lovely wish we had places like that in the UK
  • emma44ny
    emma44ny Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Your pics are BEAUTIFUL! What an amazing place.
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    Very pretty thanks for sharing keep add it and u will be swimming soon! Good luck
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    WOW! It's beautiful! And good inspiration for weight loss too! I love travelling and just did a two month tour of SE Asia. Plan to do NZ and Aus at some point this year and can't wait! You're very lucky to be in such a beautiful part of the world!
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous photos, I am so envious! :smile:
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Wow...now I want to go to NZ!!! So pretty!

Good luck to you on your weight loss journey! We will be here to help and support you!!:smile::smile:
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    Fantastic pics....good luck with the weight loss.
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    Fantastic pics....good luck with the weight loss.
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    So pretty there!!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    So pretty,I really hope NZ is someplace I can vist in my life.Im glad you had a good time:heart:
  • izobel
    izobel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Makes me homesick ... I'm a Kiwi too. Do stick with the weight loss - you have such a beautiful beautiful face you certainly don't need a slim body to compete with anyone, but it is so much healthier! Auckland is a great outdoors city - find some activity you love and you will just want to lose weight for it. Of course jogging, cycling come to mind but there is great tramping in the area and rock climbing right in the city. I know it is hard to start - just like you didn't want to swim or roll down the dunes in front of others - but people are KIND, people want to encourage you and if you find something you really like you will want to lose weight to improve. Just dieting with the thought of "is this all I can eat for the rest of my life" is not healthy motivation. I wish I was in town to help you but unfortunately live Tokyo.

Do it ... do it for your health, do it so you have a choice in buying clothes - though yours look great in all the pics -, do it so you don't have to sit on the grass while the others swim. Activity really is the best way and February is the perfect weather to be out.Call the local tramping club!!

Good luck x
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    Oh my god, beautiful photos! Like someone else already said- I wish the UK was that pretty. :0
    Good luck losing the weight, I'm sure you'll do great. :D
    I can't wait for summer now I've seen these photos. Haha.