Green Tea

Options
Can anyone tell me a good green tea to drink? I am not a fan of tea in general, so I take the supplements.... Thinking about trying the tea but not sure what kind works the best! There are so many!
Thankyou!!
:happy:

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    Works the best for what? Obviously loose tea is the best, more antioxidants, potassium, etc.

Other than that, any flavor you like. If you think it's going to make you lose weight faster, that is a very complicated reply. You can google green tea and go to a reputable site like mayo clinic or webmd.
  • bigmang
    Options
    Difficult to answer but, I buy normal supermaket green tea, not sure what's available where you are but we have lots of brands (PG, Tetley and even 'own brand')
    I add a little honey to sweeten it....
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking coffee and switched to only drinking green tea and I love it!! I usually go with Tazo..it tastes great and has so many good benifits. I would definitely research the different kinds of teas, theres white, green, black, etc......and so many different brands. I heard the best way to buy is to look at the ingrediants and not pick one that says "natural flavors" but I cant find one at the stores that I shop in, so I am still looking. Good luck!!
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I order a lot from teavana.com, they have tons of different kinds and if you're not into straight up plain green tea, they have lots of blends and green teas that have fruit and other ingredients added to soften the taste. As long as you don't steep the leaves too long, you can get a much sweeter flavor without having to add honey or other sweeteners. All of it is loose leaf and high quality. A little pricey, but most leaves can be brewed multiple times and still taste great. There's one on there called peachberry jasmine sutra, I really like that one. Another website, amanzitea.com, has lots of good ones. I have one from them that is a green tea blend called lychee pomegranate and that one is yummy too. Give the blends a shot, it might be a way to ease you into it!
  • Colosssus
    Colosssus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Arizona green tea is my favorite.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    amandabrady, Thanks for this!!:drinker:
    I order a lot from teavana.com

:flowerforyou:
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm on a budget but I love the new Lipton Green tea Superfruit Purple Acai & Blueberry tea bags. :drinker:
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    from costco matcha green tea... They use this green tea on flights to asia lol :smile:
  • dandynick
    Options
    Green tea extract is supposed to boost calorie burn by 17% in men in a study I read yesterday. It apparently takes less drinking by a huge margin than just drinking the tea itself. Apparently taken just before a workout is when it's most effective.
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    T2 have a great range of loose leaf tea. Very scrumptious indeed