LUNCH!!

Options
MissAnjy
MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
I have the WORST time knowing what to eat for lunch. I NEVER have ideas. I usually eat deli meat on a sandwich which is SO HIGH in sodium it's ridiculous. I'm trying to lessen my sodium intake but I can never figure out what to eat :(

Anyone have any lunch time suggestions? I'm fine with breakfast & supper, it's just friggin lunch I can never decide on.

Replies

• dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    I eat leftovers for lunch most of the time. Or just have a veggie sandwich or Peanut butter and jelly. But if I have to eat deli meat, I buy the Hillshire Farms less sodium kind.
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    Love the Pink quote. :wink:
  • oliveoil87
    oliveoil87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I cut up a small portion of chicken breast and put a little seasoning and put it in my mission wrap that I bought from safeway. I add lettuce, tomatoes, and sometimes pepper.

I also eat a tuna sandwich with a little mayo and ginger along with a yogurt.
  • thebeason
    Options
    SOUP, SOUP, SOUP.... especially homemade - that what you can control the sodium content and add more pepper for extra flavour !!
  • SweetToothMelissa
    SweetToothMelissa Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I sometimes do leftovers from the night before, I eat tuna sandwiches a lot, turkey burgers with or without the bun if you're watching carbs. Lately I have been not eating lunch meat because of the sodium you mentioned, or if I do, I'll have a cup of soup with half a sandwich and it's not so bad. I just took a look through my diary to see if I was missing anything, and that's about it. I always make dinner for 4 and there's only 2 of us here, so that makes for some nice lunches!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Great ideas ladies, thank-you! I think the next time I make chicken for supper, I'll make a few extra breasts & make chicken sandwiches for the week, or chicken wraps!! I really should do the leftover thing like you've mentioned. Thanks again!
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Here's some ideas:

2 TBSP hummus
    1 piece wheat/sour dough/french bread
    Cut up bell pepper, tomato, lettuce, olives, other veggies

Cooked multi grain pasta noodles
    Marinera sauce

Multigrain pasta noodles
    Olives, diced green pepper, tomatoes, cilantro
    low sodium dressing

Fruit salad (my fav is cut up: 1/2 banana, 5 strawberties, 15 green grapes, mango or tangerine) with a side of natural peanut butter and celery.

2 Mission Life! 96% fat free tortilla with with mustard, yellow or orange bell pepper, tomatoes, lettuce and shredded (or ripped up) chicken
  • amyjthomas
    Options
    I love the hummus also. I use it on toasted sara lee 45 cal bread with sliced cucumber and a leaf lettuce. Very Good.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i usually have soup.
    I make my own homemade veggie soup, or i have Imagine Organic Reduced Sodium soups (my favorites are the butternut squash, and the harvest corn). I will make the corn soup, then throw in some thawed frozen corn and orzo so its a really hearty soup.

i will also have veggie wraps or sandwiches w/ hummus.... or fish sandwiches using tilapia.

I also eat veggie burgers a lot, but they are high in sodium :-/ so i try and eat them only when i eat a low sodium breakfast.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I always eat pretty much the same lunch every day. :tongue: It's usually a pb&J sandwich with a bowl of strawberries or a whole wheat tortilla with peanutbutter and sliced bananas wrapped up in it. Those tuna 'sandwich' ready pouches are pretty good and low cal too. I use those for sandwiches and spread hummus on it.