First Day

Options
Good Afternoon everyone!

Today is my frist day on the site so I figured I would stop by and introduce myself. I have been an athlete for years (played college basketball and volleyball) and have always prided myself on staying in shape even after my career ended. three years ago I had shoulder surgery for a sever dislocation problem. I ended up having to completely learn how to reuse my right arm. I am happy to say that after a year of intense physically therapy and many tears, I have full use of my arm with no restrictions. However, that year off of lifting weights and no cardio packed on an extra 10lbs of fat and I lost much of my muscle definition. I started to get back in the gym, but ended up moving and relocating jobs. I maintained those extra 10lbs for a year and had actually lost 5 of them when I found out I was pregnant with my first child. My son is now 7months old and it is time to lose the extra weight that I have put on since his birth (yes I said that right, I GAINED weight AFTER he was born). I am now up to 40lbs heavier than I would like to be with 10% more body fat. It is tough finding time to workout and exercise the way I would like; however, I am unhappy with myself and sick of looking and feeling the way I do. SO...today is the day that this will all change. I am sick and tired of being tired. I miss the old me who would run around, go to the beach (in dare I say it) a bikini, and feeling sexy. I am taking it one day at a time and rewarding myself with a massage every 10lbs I loose. Once I hit my target goal, my boyfriend is going to give me an entire spa day! I am so excited to join this board and be able to share my experiences with you!

Replies