Plateau... Somebody help!

Options
I got stuck at 184 once before for a few weeks because I was eating 1000-1150 calories a day... So, I bumped my calorie intake up to 1300 and lost 4 pounds. Then another pound the next week. I've experimented a little and put it at 1400 calories, but I didn't lose. I'm back down to 1350 and I've been stuck at 178 for the past 3 weeks. HELP! I don't know what to do. I've been exercising 6 days a week and burning calories like normal (although I've quit my Biggest Loser Wii workouts where I burned up to 800 calories a few times a week).

Replies

• Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Look at what you are eating and change it up a bit. Perhaps a slight carb reduction and more lean protein can help you get over the hump and moving again. Nothing to faddish just try to change things up a bit. Change your workout routine a bit also, your body could be getting use to the workload and it just isn't working as hard as it use to.
    Experiment, this is a lifestyle not a short term thing, You've done great just keep it up.
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel i was stuck at 172 for 4 weeks before i lost 1 pound. What i have done is hit the exercise double time. And stay on a pretty solid diet with no junk during the week. I still have fries and pizza on the weekend but in moderation of course. good luck. Hope you post when the weight start coming off again.
  • chrish1981
    Options
    Kick up and/or change your exercise.

If you're eating more, you have to burn more to keep that momentum going.

Everyone hits a wall at some point. Just keep at it and you'll see results eventually!
  • chach918
    chach918 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would cut calories down to 1300 and change the exercising you do. Before you know it you'll be losing weight again. Good luck and great job so far.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I was stuck at 147lbs for 17 days...until today - Where I finally came down to 145.9. Durin' these past 17 days, I changed what I ate, add more protein to my diet, I doubled up my workouts - Doin' one in the am and doin' one in the pm.

You will get pass this...maybe your body is gettin' to comfortable on the workouts? Try to change it up or if you do weights maybe add a little more weight.

How is your Sodium intake? Do you eat 5-6 times a day?

best wishes xo
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    circuit weights & intervals are the only thing the gets that scale moving for me. cardio can do only so much for me.
    you're doing great, stay with it and keep changing it up...you've seen some great results :tongue:
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck at 182 for several weeks but I notice that my pants are quite a bit looser. I think that while we are on a plateau our bodies are readjusting.